so much for a frugal year...

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
yvette
Living the good life
Living the good life

so much for a frugal year...

Ok, so this was going to be the year that we finally start to pay down our mortgage a bit through making economies in our domestic management. My partner was not initially enthusiastic, but had come round and had agreed to give it a go. January is expensive anyway as we have three big birthdays (partner, son, grandma) and the car tax, so we were prepared for all that. What we weren't prepared for was:
The roof beginning to leak
The front gate to come off
The washing machine conking out completely
The shower to stop working
The stopcock to seize up (something of a problem if we want to try to sort the washing machine and the shower)
The kitchen mixer tap to start hooting and not work properly.
All in the last week. It is getting funny now. Yesterday I broke the most recent in a long line of tin openers. And last night we came home, I put my hand on the living room door handle and it sheered off in my hand.
I am jinxed :shock:

Maykal
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 44.44361
longitude: 26.14056

Re: so much for a frugal year...

Might the four plumbing-related ones be connected? Perhaps something got into the water system, some kind of deposit, and has been distributed to all those fixings. At the end of the tap is usually a little metal part you can unscrew. It has a filter in it, normally a bit of metal gauze. Unscrew that and see if there's any gunk in it. While it's off, run the tap again and see if it still complains.

Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: so much for a frugal year...

I don't think you are jinxed - I think your partner has put a jinx on the house. :mrgreen: