Where is everyone?New post section perhaps?

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
happyhippy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Where is everyone?New post section perhaps?

Hi all,I come onto this forum fairly regularly and unless its just me,there hardly seems to be any new posts.Where is everyone?I realise alot of folk could be outside this time of year doing whatever,but I noticed this absence in mid winter too! :( Rather than trawl through every post is it possible to have a link for new (as in brand new not old post that have new posts added to it)post?Most forums I use have this option,so its quick and easy to read new posts and reply?
I am myself back to Oz next week on a 3 mth career break.I might not have access to the internet too often but I will drop in when I do.Take care everyone xxx

RunnerBean
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: Where is everyone?New post section perhaps?

I always click on new posts. It does seem pretty quiet here. I'm fairly new so I don't know how busy it used to be.

happyhippy

Unless I'm imagining it,when I joined in 2010 it seemed alot busier.I realise people move on ect but its been pretty quiet for a while.Thanks for replying RB,thought I was on a "ghost"forum for a while! :iconbiggrin:

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

It is very quiet. There was more going on a few years ago, a lot of the old crowd have drifted off, I guess they said all there was to say, I don't come on here much now either, I know lots of people don't like it, but I like a forum on Facebook, it's more interactive. We had a glitch here and now you can't search for anything before the glitch and so much useful information has gone. :shaking:

Zech
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 52.36
longitude: -3.84

I'm still here, but I'm not very good at thinking of things to say :scratch:

I think some people are still having technical issues.
---
Rachel

Take nobody's word for it, especially not mine! If I offer you an ID of something based on a photo, please treat it as a guess, and a starting point for further investigations.

My blog: http://growingthingsandmakingthings.blogspot.com/

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm back.
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

bonniethomas06

Me too me too - I think a lot of the 'old crowd' have migrated to that blasted BookFace. But hey, we're here (I have been lurking as not had outside space to talk about!) and lots of new blood...I commit to logging on once a day from now on!

This forum has actually changed my life - back in the days of my smallholding, I was so inspired and encouraged to try new things. Long may it continue!
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have only been on here two years, but we had the likes of Old Jerry, Old Fella, Odsox, Boboff, John whose handle I forget but had a strange Nun icon and many others whose knowledge is missed, but things go in cycles, and new people are coming in and they must make this forum their own, introduce other people they know, mention it in other places, liven it up a bit. Nice to see the poodle back MKG

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

It is kind of a catch 22 situation on forums.

People like to see new content every day and if they don't see it they drift away. The more people drift away the less content there is and on it goes.

There is only one answer. Post more content

If you log in and nothing has changed since yesterday post a question and see if you can spark a conversation.

If we all posted at least one topic a day the forum would be jumping.

mamos
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

My main peeve is I can't load proper pictures on here any more, I take loads of photo's but it is a pain to get them on here. I can post them easily elsewhere which is a shame. On the Facebook forum (yawn mentions facebook again) people can post photo's easily and get comments straight away, just id'd some plants for someone, minutes after they posted

Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 52.8
longitude: 1.6

It does seem quiet at the moment.
I thought everyone would be busy growing and nurturing.
The weeds don't need help. Got back to allotment today after a couple of weeks absence due to my back playing up more than normal and it was a jungle. Looks like I am going to be busy too!

happyhippy

Nice of you all to reply! :wink: I love my semi self sufficient lifestyle,and find this forum very very useful and helpful.Whats the Facebook thingy then?Is Self Sufficientish on FB?If it is it would be helpful but I'd still come on here.

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's Backyard and Garden Farming, it is a secret group, if anyone wants an add and they are on Facebook, pm and and I will invite you on. It's not a replacement for this at all, just something else for people like us with 10k members

baldybloke
Living the good life
Living the good life

Been absent for quite a while myself. Lots going on in my life at present and very little disposable time. I'm still growing a bit of veg but a bout of incapacity due to my dodgy back has put me behind this year. I do frequent a few other forums occasionally as well but not as much as I used to do.
Has anyone seen the plot, I seem to have lost mine?

happyhippy

Hi Baldy bloke,I live in Devizes now.Are you still living here?Havent seen you on here for ages,sorry to here about your back?