Where is everyone?New post section perhaps?

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Bonniegirl
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Where is everyone?New post section perhaps?

:wave: :wave: :cheers: :salute: Good to see some 'really' old'uns still here :D lmao
The Mothers of teens now know why some animals eat their young!

KathyLauren
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 44.5
longitude: -66

Good to see some action here again.

My lifestyle has, unfortunately, become less self-sufficient in the last year. My wife was homesick for Nova Scotia, so we left the hippy heaven of Denman Island for rural Nova Scotia. No one around here is remotely hip; nothing is within walking distance. There are no bookstores, no coffee shops no theatre groups, nothing. Veggies are considered weird here, and organic veggies are off the weirdness scale. We are fortunate that we found a CSA (Community-Supported Agriculture) organic farmer, but her place is a half-hour round trip by car. We are pretty sure we are the only vegans in the entire county.

I was in serious need of a Selfsufficientish fix last year, being homesick for the island, but this forum was like a morgue. I haven't been checking regularly for a while, so this thread is a pleasant surprise.

Anyway, we are going to be moving again, to find a better community. Hopefully we can sell the house in a reasonable amount of time, without taking too much of a loss, and find a new place that is within biking distance of some amenities and like-minded people.

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Keith - long time no hear :wave:

Good to see you're still alive and kicking.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

grahamhobbs

Well I made it in. Tried numerous times on my iPad to post a reply but nine times out of ten i would just go around in a loop, logging in, going back to the topic and trying to post a reply but immediately asked to loggin in again, very frustrating.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Yup, I'm having similar problems. I haven't managed to log in successfully for weeks.

It says a lot for the forum that we all keep trying though, doesn't it.

Good to see a few more old names about. :grouphug:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Graham, nice to see you again.
I had exactly the same problem (log in, click on view post & straight back to log in) but for some unknown reason I'm now able to get in as I used to.
Hope that happens to you, and everyone else.
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

I've also been having problems with the iPad. I now tend to lurk anonymously unless I feel I have something useful to add in which case I either get the mac out or gaff about logging in all the time. Most of the time I don't have anything useful to add.

Uller
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I've never been a very active member as I've always thought that I have far more to learn than to contribute. The forum problems of a few months ago put me off - so many problems trying to log in and then finding that most of the new posts were about forum problems so I gave up. But as others have said, it doesn't seem to be an issue now and the forum is gradually coming back to life.

I don't think I've ever done much of an introduction, but a quick update - gave up my corporate job in a commuter town in SE England about three years ago, spent the next 18 months travelling around Europe in an old banger of a motorhome, fell in love with Portugal, moved here in April 2013, bought a small stone barn and converted it to a small stone house (thanks to very competent builder). Gradually trying to turn our patch of clay soil into a productive garden, learning from scratch as we go but having a lot of fun doing it.

Looking forward to getting more involved as I am trying to put years of dreaming into practice.
Blogging about a new life in Portugal - http://www.aportugueseadventure.wordpress.com

tosca
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hi Uller, I slowed right down on here for the same reason, got fed up of trying to log in.

I had been reading your blog up until you stalled in December but I see I have some catching up to do while I am confined to the house making chutney. :thumbright:

Puddleduck
Tom Good
Tom Good

Hi all, first time back in a while!!! Would have been earlier but been seriously busy, had another baby and still trying to adjust!! Have to admit my ishy lifestyle kind of went by the wayside but is back again because maternity pay sucks and need to grow food again!!

Gert
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 51.126621
longitude: -1.933950

Hi all

we are all really coming out of the woodwork , hope you are all well and happy. :wave:

Millymollymandy

Another one popping in to say hello :wave: and surprised to see some old names here like Ina!!

Still battling on with my veg patch but I give more space over to annual flowers now for my buggy friends. :flower:

Is Boboff still around?
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

SusieGee

Hello everyone :wave: I had a little tear in my eye when I saw all the old crowd back here! Veggie raised beds have gone here in Wales following more wet summers than I care to think about - but polytunnel is go! :iconbiggrin:
Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light

ina

MKG wrote:
Ina!!!! :wave: :wave:

It's ages since I last saw your name. How's things? Where've you been? Watcha doing? Millions of questions :lol:

Mike
I'm quite chuffed to see somebody actually remembers me... :oops:

Oh well - I don't have a proper job now, that's my main news - nobody wants to employ a middle aged, fat woman... So I'm just trying to get through life somehow or other. Still in Aberdeenshire. Still one cat and too many courgette!

And of course I meant to log on more often now that I've been reminded of the existence of -ish - and guess what, I immediately forgot! Try again... Must catch up with everybody else.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

ojay54
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Graham,nice to hear from you.

Where's Boboff?