Looking for land and friends in Sussex

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Fruity
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Looking for land and friends in Sussex

Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:06 am

Big hello to all those in West and East :cheers: my partner and I recently moved to Horsted Keynes and set up a dog grooming salon :hugish: we are now hunting down 1 - 2 acres of land to rent in West or East Sussex. We have a corridor that we are looking along between Horsted Keynes where the salon is and Sayers Common where we currently reside in a box room with no windows!! Hence we need land and are eager to get to work on it!! We want large black pigs for meat (love them), turkeys, chickens and plenty of fruit and veg. Would also be nice to give others looking to get out doors the opportunity to work the land too.
Any help, advice, guidance and friendship will be hugely appreciated! :grouphug:

Fruity :flower:

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking for land and friends in Sussex

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:19 pm

Hi Fruity, welcome to Ish. It might be helpful to know how much experience you have with raising animals, veg, fruit etc. One of the things I would say about renting land is that what you want to do is not the usual horse grazing. You would be putting up extensive fencing and shelters, planting trees?, bushes, cultivating parts, so it would not be the usual renting land for grazing horses or sheep, so it may be harder to find someone to allow you to do that kind of thing. We have 3.5 acres in Ireland and keep alpacas, chickens, ducks, geese, rabbits and a pot bellied pig (all pets we don't eat them) and have tunnels and veg gardens and it is a full time job for me to keep it all going.

Return to “The ish Local - (Chat)”