Flight change question

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
sda
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Flight change question

Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:07 pm

I had a flight booked for 19.30 from holiday destination. Check-in done online a couple of hours before arrival at airport. Contact number was left with online check in. On arrival at airport, find that the flight has been cancelled and a seat found for me on another flight. All well and good, but it was at 23.00, which meant I had a choice of spending the whole evening at the airport, or about a forty five minute drive back to where I was staying, an hour and a half spent there and a drive back to airport - both extremely annoying and inconvenient. Do you think it likely I would get some form of compensation from the airline?

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Flight change question

Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:57 pm

Assuming that we're looking at an EU situation, then compensation kicks in if any delay in your arrival at your destination is greater than 3 hours.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays

The delay MUST be due to factors within the direct control of the airline. If it is, I think it looks like you could claim - but there are always rubbery get-out clauses.
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Return to “The ish Local - (Chat)”