Can anyone help with my Flash problem on pooter

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can anyone help with my Flash problem on pooter

Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:50 pm

I have a problem on my laptop. I have google chrome search engine. I have the flash player disabled at the moment because whenever I have it enabled, I get problems reading the paper, using Ebay etc, because it says something like problem with plug in. Of course this brings other problems with it, you can't use lots of features etc. Is there an easy fix for this problem?? I don't really understand computers very much so if anyone could shed any light I would be really grateful, cheers

Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Can anyone help with my Flash problem on pooter

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:42 am

Go to a site called file hippo (yes honest) and get a download of the latest flash player (pick the one suitable for your operating system and don't go for a beta version as those aren't fully tested for everyday use). I only recommend file hippo as it's mostly good for clean downloads without malicious extras.

Have you run something like malwarebytes to see if you have some problem on your computer? Just in case you have a bug affecting your flash?

Would you be brave enough to totally uninstall the flash that you have and then put in a new and uptodate one?

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:57 pm

Thanks Flo. I have already uninstalled and re-installed new flash, but I did it again anyway. It seems to be a problem with Google Chrome so I am wondering should I uninstall that instead. The problem is still there which is a pain.

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:16 pm

I run Chrome and when you first posted I looked at my installed add ons and extensions, but no sign of Flash.

Just did a Google on Chrome + Flash and it seems it's actually built into Chrome and having 2 (or more) installs of Flash makes Chrome go into a tizzy.
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/inter ... le-chrome/
If you have 2 you need to uninstall one apparently
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:34 pm

Odsox wrote:I run Chrome and when you first posted I looked at my installed add ons and extensions, but no sign of Flash.

Just did a Google on Chrome + Flash and it seems it's actually built into Chrome and having 2 (or more) installs of Flash makes Chrome go into a tizzy.
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/inter ... le-chrome/
If you have 2 you need to uninstall one apparently

You are right, I have got two in there, I guess one was already there from before Google Chrome which I kept updating. I have now uninstalled the extra one and touch wood, it seems to have done the trick, thanks a million OS :iconbiggrin:

Return to “The ish Local - (Chat)”