Someone say something

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Someone say something

ina wrote:
Flo wrote:
ina wrote:
Sounds familiar. They did certainly not take over anything... Not a single bean this year!

Back to whatever I had before next year, even if I have to stake them.
It's been an odd broad bean year here - it may be nothing that you or the brand of beans did but just that 2017 took a dislike to broad beans in general. :wink:
It was the same last year - same packet of seeds, so I suspect it was just a dud lot.
Unfortunately it's becoming more widespread.
I had a packet of parsnip which I germinate on moist tissue in the airing cupboard and I had about 5% germinate, bought another variety from a different seed company and got about 90% germination.
Same with peas, packet of Douce Provence hardly any came up, did a germination test and got about 10%, both brand new seed professing to be new 2017 stock and curiously both from the same seed company. I suspect old stock and I will not be buying any more from them, which is a shame as I have been a customer of theirs for over 50 years.
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Mr_Moon wrote:
Green Aura wrote:In that case welcome back. What've you been doing in that time?
Grew up! lol and trying to get an allotment for next year. Theres a waiting list all over Liverpool
Well it comes to us all eventually - not me of course. :lol:

Good luck with the allotment. In the meantime is that garden share scheme that Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall started still going? Or there may be folk around who might be happy to let you use their garden for a little of the harvest?
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

KathyLauren
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 44.5
longitude: -66

It's not very ish-y, though I suppose DIY counts as ish-ier than getting someone in to do the work. Here is me running a rented excavator to make a trench for underground power to our barn.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Just nip over and dig one for me when you've finished. :wink:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin