i'm getting a new pet tomorrow

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
maggie144
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

i'm getting a new pet tomorrow

Mon May 14, 2007 8:40 pm

Hi Everyone

I am off to dumfries tomorrow to collect a new pet, a present to myself
I think i deserve it too, i have worked very hard of late and have been quite poorly too.

So i am buying myself two little chipmunks, something i have always wanted, as a reward for all my hard work

maggie :cheers:
check out my blog site at http://maggie14413.spaces.live.com
you'll love it if you are into recycling, endangered animals, and all things eco freindly

Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

Mon May 14, 2007 8:46 pm

From what I've seen in the pet shop they are frantic and exciting wee things!! Have fun with them and hope you are feeling lots better soon.
We are contemplating offering a home to a retired greyhound/whippet so that Chris can feel encouraged to go out and walk and hopefully it will do his arthritis good. Pets are so good in so many ways - they should be encouraged (to responsible people of course!)
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

red

Mon May 14, 2007 10:05 pm

Milims wrote:We are contemplating offering a home to a retired greyhound/whippet )
I have often considered that.. as my old dog, long gone now, was a lurcher. tempting. not sure they are so good with cats tho.. and we have one.
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon May 14, 2007 10:39 pm

I did not even know you could keep them as pets :shock:

I must admit I was not even sure what they looked liked so googled them. A little like little squirrels then? Well I hope you enjoy them and congratulations.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mon May 14, 2007 10:42 pm

You could call them Alvin and Theodore! :mrgreen:

I hope they make you feel a bit better.

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

red

Mon May 14, 2007 10:56 pm

what sort of cage/ run set up do you need Maggie?
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

Millymollymandy

Tue May 15, 2007 5:49 am

Chipmunks! :shock: I see all manner of things in the pet section of the garden centers but I don't think I've ever seen chipmunks! I think you'd have oodles of fun with them. I think! :lol:

Barefootandhappy
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Tue May 15, 2007 7:28 am

Wow, you lucky thing! Hope you enjoy them. :mrgreen:
When the well is dry, we know the worth of water.
-Benjamin Franklin.

littlebluefish
Tom Good
Tom Good

Tue May 15, 2007 8:55 am

red wrote:I have often considered that.. as my old dog, long gone now, was a lurcher. tempting. not sure they are so good with cats tho.. and we have one.
We tried to rehome one not so long ago but had no history about him at all - he was dumped up north, bought down to rehome, didn't know his name and had, apparently, never lives with people, nor closely with other animals.

He tore our house apart, became insanely possessive of me (to the point where noone was allowed to touch me!), and tried (nearly successful) in killing next door's cat. It added a new terror to walking with him trying to bite anyone within twenty yards of me

We have a lovely lurcher, who I adore and is soft as the fastest couch potato could be but I'd be very wary of rehoming one now without history. :(

We ended up being given a white boxer puppy who is happily chewing her ball against my toes right now. :P

Good luck with the chipmonks! They sound like a ball of fun and possibly mad as a box of frogs with it :D