I just need to moan!

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

I just need to moan!

I bought a plastic greenhouse with metal frame with inbuilt shelves a week ago for the princely sum of €90, about £60. It was perfect for all my basil and million and one other young things and young tomatoes. I had too many things some too tall to fit in the coldframe and I needed to keep them out of the wind, and all together to make watering easier etc.

One week later and the wind came. And the bl**dy thing blew over, the whole frame broke and my plants were all over the place. It took me 3 hours to go through them all, repotting, sorting, chucking although I have only really lost very little, thankfully.

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR. Digi photos have been taken and it's going back to the shop today. I want my money back. I'm fed up. :cry:

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's a bumer M3!

I have something similar but it is close to a fence and has seved me reasonably well - the original plastic cover only lasted about 18 months so I bought some real greenhouse plastic and it's hung in for a couple of years......so far! :shock:

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Millymollymandy

Thanks Nev. What's worse is the shop refuses to refund the money saying there was no guarantee. My husband created a right stink in front of a queue of other customers saying he'd take his business elsewhere (it's a DIY store). They did back down enough then to say they'd contact the manufacturer to see if they would be able to give a refund. I doubt it. The problem with France is that the customer is always wrong! Hubby is currently scouring French legal twaddle on internet to see if there are any consumer rights, because it always seems in this country that there aren't any.

Anyway in a better mood now because it is still cool and raining, although we needs LOADS more rain than this! Though I wasn't in a good mood a couple of hours ago when one of my cats projectile vomited his worm pills all over my living room floor and rug ............ :pale:

hay331
Tom Good
Tom Good

Thats a shame Millymollymandy just as well you managed to salvage most of it and hopefully can get a refund. Cats and worming pills :roll: , just did mine, same result :lol:

I've got 2 of the smaller green housy things and poked a hole through the plastic and tied them to the fence, It was hubby's idea and I was a bit dubious about ripping the plastic so am pleased that there is such a thing as greenhouse plastic, (thanks Wombat 8) )
regards
hay331

Lyds
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

My hubby drilled and put screw eves in the wall for my greenhousy thing - he did'nt trust it from the start. Good thing he did too, eveything has been blown around this year.

I'm sure I've seenan ad for replacement covers somewhere, poss amature gardening, I'll have a look...

Lyds
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Damn spacebar is stickingagain :oops:

Millymollymandy

This was a big walk in one, you couldn't have attached it to anything. Unfortunately it just sat on the ground and the only "fixings" were some pegs into ground to hold plastic in place (although they were pretty ineffective). How do people make polytunnels fix to the ground?