just want to say

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stonehead wrote:
ina wrote:Mmhh, I think I know just what (and who) Stoney is talking about... :roll:
Some of them have been popping up to comment on the blog. Talk about authoritarian vitriol from the "you must be vegan" to be green lobby.

Reminds me again how tolerant this forum is!
Those people pi$$ me off too, Stoney. There were a few at BGG - we were sat at the meat stall (organic meat, raised on the farm etc) whe this bloke came running over shouting that meat is murder. Maybe we should start explaining that if the whoe world were vegan, then sheep, cows, chickens, pigs and other domesticated animals would be extinct...that might shut them up a bit!!

Stonehead
A selfsufficientish Regular

the.fee.fairy wrote:Those people pi$$ me off too, Stoney. There were a few at BGG - we were sat at the meat stall (organic meat, raised on the farm etc) whe this bloke came running over shouting that meat is murder. Maybe we should start explaining that if the whoe world were vegan, then sheep, cows, chickens, pigs and other domesticated animals would be extinct...that might shut them up a bit!!
Yes, I've had the meat is murder line. Apparently I'm also a disgusting sociopathic brute and a liar who deserves what's coming to me. Sigh. But on the bright side, I think I do deserve a pork chop now and again.

Stonehead

Wombat wrote:I only have to LOOK semi-respectable :wink:

Nev
I've just put on a clean boiler suit AND trimmed the beard. The pigs seem to appreciate the effort... :mrgreen:

baldowrie

Stonehead

I've just put on a clean boiler suit AND trimmed the beard. The pigs seem to appreciate the effort...

you never do that when I visit! :shock: :lol:

baldowrie

Stonehead

Yes, I've had the meat is murder line. Apparently I'm also a disgusting sociopathic brute and a liar who deserves what's coming to me. Sigh. But on the bright side, I think I do deserve a pork chop now and again
Just remember because your all these things and you eat meat you will not have to fight them off because they are vegan-sexual!!

lucky escape I would say!

Stonehead

baldowrie wrote:
Stonehead

I've just put on a clean boiler suit AND trimmed the beard. The pigs seem to appreciate the effort...

you never do that when I visit! :shock: :lol:
But you're not a pig... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

baldowrie

I don't know whether to take that as flattery or an insult :lol:

Boots

Well, after reading this thread, I think it's very clear what keeps this site interesting, entertaining and friendly, and has the whole world popping back in..

It's gotta be the Aussies!

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

OI OI OI!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:mrgreen: :wink:
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz

Shirley

wooohoooo hiya Boots!! Great to see you.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Cheezy

Stonehead wrote: Funnily enough, two men walking past the croft yesterday were having a conversation about us, during which I overheard one saying we were self-sufficient survivalist nutters! :mrgreen:
Looks like we've joined the nutter ranks :cheers:

We have a newbie on our lottie I introduced ourselves to him. He saw the vast excavations on our site and asked what we where doing. I explained double digging to suppress marestail. He said he was going to rotivate, I explained the problems associated with this when dealing with marestail and couch grass like his plot has. I think he took on board the info as he started at the weekend with a spade, however seem's I have joined the nutter ranks ,MOH over heard one of our allotment neighbours talking to him, apparently "they (us)double dig :wink: " said in a way to indicate complete insanity.
It's not easy being Cheezy
So you know how great Salsify is as a veg, what about Cavero Nero,great leaves all through the winter , then in Spring sprouting broccolli like flowers! Takes up half as much room as broccolli

Masco&Bongo
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 53.930141
longitude: -2.969870

At the weekend we had the same conversation with relatives that we've had before:

"Why can't you be normal? Why can't you just go to the supermarket like everyone else in the family? *sigh*"

If it weren't hilarious, I'd be quite insulted. We ARE "normal" - we both have full time jobs, have 2 dogs, go camping in the Lakes. We just grow fruit and veg and have chickens, that's all!

It's not like we're living in some sort of hippy commune (which would be great!) or we're performance artists who roll naked in paint on the street or something.... :dave:
"Its not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you" - Bruce Wayne

Blog: http://mistressofmeals.blogspot.com/

Muddypause
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

Masco&Bongo wrote:"Why can't you be normal? Why can't you just go to the supermarket like everyone else in the family? *sigh*"

If it weren't hilarious, I'd be quite insulted. We ARE "normal"
As Utah Phillips has it:

"Why can't you be normal?"
"He is normal - what you meant to say is average"
Stew

Ignorance is essential