What would you put into room 101?

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

What would you put into room 101?

For those of you who are not from britain (or who are unaware of the show) there is a TV program on the Beeb that invites celebs to throw stuff into room 101. A mythical room based on the concept of room 101 in 1984. They each choose about 5 or so things to put in, John peel put in driving in Essex, Johnny vegas put in internet chat rooms.

I was thinking of what I would put in and the first thing would be bling, it all seems such a waste. Heres a brief definition http://www.freesearch.co.uk/dictionary/bling

The second would be spam emails, I opened up my email box after being away from it for a few months, getting on for 4000 emails! I spent hours sifting through them to find the handful of personal ones. Ahhhhh.

Slugs would be next probally, along side couch grass. Enough said!

Reality TV, boy bands, schools runs by 4x4s when I am trying to ride my bike, pollution, T***o, People who never use their brains and could go on and on actually I think I am having one of those moan days :banghead:
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Chickenlady
A selfsufficientish Regular

Supermarkets, petrol guzzling cars, nuclear power stations, George W Bush, the X factor, road ragers and aggressive drivers generally, developers who build ugly housing estates....how many are we allowed?

Better stop now!
Haste makes waste

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

It can go on and on when you get started :lol:

Housing estates is a good one actually, I generally get the bus back to Northampton when I visit at christmas and it seems that every time I go back it is getting bigger and bigger and more countryside has been swallowed up. Aparently it is soon to merge with the next largest conerbation..... MILTON KEYNES aghhhhh.

I would love to have enough cash to start a self build project and as such start a community as you go along. Its a shame that so many people will move into starter homes and end up living in the tiny little rabbit hutches that are built.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

ina

Yes, but people have to live somewhere! I hate all those awful housing estates (council as well as posh ones), too - but where will people go?

Room 101: Apart from all the stuff you've mentioned already, plastic bags; people who have no time to recycle their rubbish; people who don't even think that wasting resources is a problem; glossy "lifestyle" magazines; dust-catching ornaments that people give you for Christmas. I'm sure I'll think of a lot more in the next sleepless night.

Ina

Chickenlady

Sure you have to build houses, Ina, but there are some examples of houses built with sustainable materials that are energy efficient and built to foster a community. Not enough, though. I hate the big ugly Legoland style boxes - you can't even hang a picture in new houses as the walls are all made from plasterboard, and the developers don't worry too much about things like community centres, local shops etc unless the council forces them to.

This kind of thing: http://www.sherwoodenergyvillage.co.uk/
Haste makes waste

ina

Tell me about plasterboard walls - my entire house seems to be made of them... And it's not in a housing estate.

Anyway, you are right that there are better ways. I just wonder why some people pay so much to live in houses that I wouldn't even like to die in! "Much sought after properties", double garages, tiny gardens, high walls around them...

Ina

shiney

It has to be READY MEALS in 101 for me. Infact all those overpackaged, small portioned trays of crud! And of course MC Crud. :tongue2:

And anyone in government who has a smug, know all smile. So...count them all in. :wink:

Andy, it is one of those moaning days. It's coming up for a full moon on Wednesday and everyone is crabby, cross, clumsy and slightly off their heads ~ me included. :lol:
If in doubt ~ use a hammer!

http://greeningup.blogspot.com/