Just bort a tractor

Cycling, trains, walking. This is the place to talk about how good or bad cycle routes are, mention great train journeys, talk about car sharing schemes or husky travel. Anything in fact that is about transport that is a little alternative.
jenko
Tom Good
Tom Good

Just bort a tractor

I have just bort myself a tractor
I have saved up for around severn years, for many different ideas, one time it was a quad bike, then an old landy, but I sore a picture of a 'Fordson diesal major e1a', so I took my chances and bort one from portmadog in wales, even tho I live in derbyshire.
Unfortunatly im only fifteen, and cant sit my tractor test till feb 09, but gives me ampel time to restore it.
Apart from my gardening, it has become one of my hobbies, and probably all my spare money will be going on parts.
I will try and post a pic when i grasp how to do it.
If anybody has got any ideas of were I could get any new/used parts cheap, and sort of close to derbyshire then please pm me.

SarahJane
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Just bort a tractor

Well I never thought that you would manage to save so much money and am very proud of you! :cheers: :cheers:

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

My goodness, welldone... I know nothing of tractors so I'll leave it there :mrgreen:
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

John Headstrong

a Fordson Major, very nice. a good old fashioned tractor.

did you get many attachments for it ? what condition is it in?

ebay can be good for old parts, and find a old tractor rallys, they often have meetups to show off their tractors to other enthusiasts, look out for them in the spring.

and how is your weed infested patch getting along?

jenko
Tom Good
Tom Good

well it spent all its working life as a trailer tug in a factory in north wales, then the last three years as a boat tug, pulling large boats out to sea, on black rock sands near portmadog north wales.
i spotted it on ebay, won the bid, but didnt meet the reserve, but then rang the owner an d we then agreed £1050 for it, and £300 TO GET IT BACK TO DERBYSHIRE.
i didnt get any attachment with it, but i intend to by a belt pully for the side, and a pto driven bench saw for the rear.
because it was a trailer tug, it was never fitted with hydraulic lifting gear, therefore only having a drawbar, but that was taken of it sum 3 years ago buy the previous owner, because he customised the rear end for boat pulling, but didnt make a brilliant job.
i intend to restrore it back to factory condition (my winter prodject), and then put a large tractor winch on it.

my garden is doin very weel thanks, a bit empty, and slightly full of weeds, but nothin a week or two mid winter wont sort out. Just got hold of about severn redcurent and black cureent bushes, to add on to my 15 others, and have already started my rose hip cuttings for next year. also i was given to goosbury bushes so they will go nicley with my current bushes.