Car sharing

Cycling, trains, walking. This is the place to talk about how good or bad cycle routes are, mention great train journeys, talk about car sharing schemes or husky travel. Anything in fact that is about transport that is a little alternative.
Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Car sharing

I know it says car sharing schemes in the blurb for the alternative transport section, but I was wondering if a separate category would be a good idea.

I recently posted a journey I'll be making and Clara kindly gave me a few links to other sites. I looked at them and registered with one but they scared me a bit. One of them went into all sorts of safety precautions and I suddenly realised I would be traveling with complete strangers, which felt really uncomfortable.

I know a lot of us have never met, but I'd feel much more comfortable sharing a journey with anyone on here than someone I had absolutely no knowledge of.

It probably wouldn't be of huge use to me - I don't go very far, or very often, but I thought for those of you who live closer together it might be good.

What do others think?
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

becks77
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Car sharing

There is a liftshare we were encouraged to use through work the idea being at least we were in the same organisation even if we didn't know each other to start with, as far as I am aware sadly no-one has used it probably for the very same reasons of concern for safety that you raise. Its a really good idea but the safety issues are very uppermost in most peoples minds these days.
However if there was an "ishlift" system running I would feel happy to use that, perhaps its something to look at setting up.
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: Car sharing

That's what I meant really Becks.

If you're making a journey and have room in the car, post it and see if anyone's wanting to go the same way.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin