needs must when the disabled ( don't ) drive

Cycling, trains, walking. This is the place to talk about how good or bad cycle routes are, mention great train journeys, talk about car sharing schemes or husky travel. Anything in fact that is about transport that is a little alternative.
becks77
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: needs must when the disabled ( don't ) drive

That is just brilliant, where can I get one?! :thumbright:
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

That's brilliant :thumbright: Perfect for the job - especially transporting kitty to the vets :lol: My new kitten gets done on Thursday - so we'll have wailing at either end of the mainland!
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

brett53
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Green Aura wrote:That's brilliant :thumbright: Perfect for the job - especially transporting kitty to the vets :lol: My new kitten gets done on Thursday - so we'll have wailing at either end of the mainland!
huh , her ladyship would complain bitterly if its anything less than a taxi :shock: - any ways shes had her op and is "recovering" in front of the fire at the mo - looks very odd with a big patch of fur missing - and has complained long and loud about the awful treatment she has received today - no breakfast ( now remedied ) - and having to suffer the indignity of large doggies sniffing her cat carrier + the disruption to her important routine by her awful manservant ( if she could sack me she would at the mo :lol: )

cats don't HAVE owners - they have STAFF !! :cat: :glasses5:

ho hum ................. :banghead:
the validity of ones ideas are best measured by the resistance they attract

and if enough people tell you are WRONG - do it ANYWAY !!

brett53
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

pics as promised:

showing simple "pin" type attachment point

all hooked up and ready to go - first trip - 2 large bags of shopping and 3 X 65 ltr - storage bins - round ones which will make good water filters -( more bungee straps and odd looks :lol:) - but more of those anon - as they will be part of the grey water filter i am planning :wink: - only 4 quid each too - try buying a water tank for that

and YES that IS a tax disk you see on the scoot - we have to tax them now if a class 3 machine - 8 mph and road legal - also whilst insurance is not compulsory here YET - only a fool drives a scoot without any - in these "blame and claim days "
the validity of ones ideas are best measured by the resistance they attract

and if enough people tell you are WRONG - do it ANYWAY !!

surlymonkey
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

You could stick a spare battery in the trailer to power the scooter, get more miles under your belt!

Easy rider! :cheers: