Frustrating.

Cycling, trains, walking. This is the place to talk about how good or bad cycle routes are, mention great train journeys, talk about car sharing schemes or husky travel. Anything in fact that is about transport that is a little alternative.
Gem
Living the good life
Living the good life

Frustrating.

Im sure this isnt the first time this has been mentioned but thought I would have a little rant.

I travel approximately 20 miles to work. My little car takes me to work and back for about a week and a half on about £40 worth of petrol (assuming I drive economically). The train, which would take about ten mins longer with a nice ten min walk at the end would be a perfect way to travel. IF it didnt cost £50 a week to travel! Buying weekly tickets cost... wait for it... £48 a week. Monthly tickets bring it down to £45 a week but I often have to be here there and everywhere for work (thankfully usually in the middle of a woodland/field or forest) so the saving would be negated by infrequent use...

The worst thing is I would love to switch to cycling to work/getting the train or some form of transport that doesnt involve all the driving, I just cant afford to increase my travel costs which are already a real fund drain.. I am now looking into getting the train some of the way and cycling the rest.. Still havent found a decent route though..

Apologies for rant. I'm sure many people have the same issues.. I just miss cycling to work and not having to drive everbloodywhere.

Gem

fruitcake
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Frustrating.

I can relate to that, although we've NO public transport here whatsoever in terms of getting to and fro for work.
I've taken to driving part way and then cycling the rest - on the days when i can work up to it - have yet to restart this year tho :oops: