Started walking again!

Cycling, trains, walking. This is the place to talk about how good or bad cycle routes are, mention great train journeys, talk about car sharing schemes or husky travel. Anything in fact that is about transport that is a little alternative.
zaxdog
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Started walking again!

Not an actual miracle I should point out! :oops:

Since moving from Lewis to the Isle of Lismore we aren't using the (freecycle) car much as we are right next to the ferry slipway. Since my OH's work hours have extended and I don't drive I have started walking to the shop and back (a round trip of around six miles). I have rediscovered a love of walking which I missed when living on Lewis! And the dog likes it too :cheers:

Sophie_Chillie
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: Started walking again!

6 miles, thats no mean feat there! Nice one :cheers:
As another non-driver I also do a lot of walking to and from work, although tend to catch the bus as I haven't quite got the stamina to walk both ways!

zaxdog
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

We don't have buses here! Not enough road for them lol!

Did it again yesterday and enjoyed it again though the dog had to wear his wee fur collared coat as it was bitterly cold. We spent the way there singing and the way back getting sheep off the road and saving frogs!

Oh says he will come with us next Friday!

Hernaic Tom
Tom Good
Tom Good
latitude: 51 N
longitude: 1 E

That's what I love about walking and cycling down remote country lanes.... You can sing as loud as you want!!!

Good effort on the walking front! Doesn't it feel good? I once walked 6 miles to work, and felt elated afterwards!!!

Nowadays I get the train and then cycle two miles uphill to work (Takes around 25 minutes) and two miles back downhill to the station after work (Takes 14 minutes) on my foldable bike, Tyco.

I always feel like I've done a hard day's work, and something worthwhile when I slump in an armchair at the end of the day!!! :icon_smile: