Calling French Ishers

Cycling, trains, walking. This is the place to talk about how good or bad cycle routes are, mention great train journeys, talk about car sharing schemes or husky travel. Anything in fact that is about transport that is a little alternative.
clanpowell
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Calling French Ishers

Bonjour!
We are finnally coming to France later this month to look at some houses. Any of you know some good/cheap/alternative places to stay in either the Brittany/Normandy or the Limousin/Poitous Charante area (Around Limoges) We'd rather not stay in faceless holiday inn style places and we would normally go for camping but can't imagine that would be fun in February, especially given the forcast for arctic influence in western europe for the next 3/4 weeks. brrrrrrrrrrr

julie_lanteri
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: Calling French Ishers

no idea as I'm from the opposite corner but Bonne Chance! :)

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

When we were househunting we stayed in cheap(ish) hotel/motel chains - they may be faceless but if you are looking at properties spread over huge areas you need to be able to move around, a night or two in one then move on to another area. Usually we go for Campanile or a similar chain (which I've forgotten the name of!) - at least you know what you are getting. Good luck with your househunting!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

contadina

Probably worth checking Camping a la Ferme listings for the areas you mentioned as well, as some have gites and other accommodation.
Last edited by contadina on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

oldfella
latitude: 44.564
longitude: 0.959

Live in SW France in a very rural Area, there is quite a lot of properties, for sale or rent with land, or there plenty of vacant land you can rent, or buy. PM me if you are interested.
Regards

Eddy
I can't do great things, so I do little things with love.

The Riff-Raff Element

Out-of-season gite lets can be very reasonable and offer the flexibilty of self catering. There are quite a few listings sites: Owners Direct, French Connections, Chez Nous, Gites de France.