The time has come...

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
Berti
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: The time has come...

I am not joining either........but sharing my tips here.
- DO EAT BREAKFAST it is the most important meal of the day and boosts your metabolism.
-don't skip meals.
- eat six little meals a day and figure out your daily calories need through the internet. divide that by six and try and calculate each meal with balanced protein, carbs, fats, with a few weeks it becomes really easy to do and guesstimate ;)
- it is good to have twice the amount of (lean) protein for your body weight. also helps to keep you filled up and keep your muscles as they tend to break down when trying to lose weight and you don't want that.
-drink 2 litres of WATER a day, it helps
-half an hour exercise a day (the kind the makes your heart beat at 80% .....take 220 and subtract your age, then take 80% of that)
- kick out the sugars. brown sugar is also sugar. try to switch to natural sugars (fruit) and some honey
-try to eat whole food for breakfast, the rolled flakes instead of oatmeal as the first fill up better and longer
- when having dinner eat lots of veggies as those fill you up and have barely calories.
-prepare your meats in low fat ways and choose the lean types, the leaner the higher the protein content, which is good.

hope this helps
good luck you all
berti

LBR
Living the good life
Living the good life

Well, that was a good name. I was thinking that, too. The Fit-Ish Club. What do you all think?

I'm doing well this week-end. Hope every one is feeling at peace with the plan she's on.

Here's to a nice Sunday!

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great name!

Right, i'm a size 16-18, and i want to be a bit smaller, not too much because that will involve having to buy a new wardrobe, and i'm not that rich...

I refuse to weigh myself because i'm tall and well built, so i'll end up with an eating disorder if i know what i weigh.

I want to tone up a bit and just be a bit more comfortable in my clothing.

I tend to boredom-eat a lot. I have breakfast every day, and i have sandwiches or soup for lunch. I don't tend to have a dinner because of the hours i work. I tend to have breakfast at about 12, and then my sandwiches at about 6. Other than that, i tend to pick at stuff. I don't get a lot of time for exercise, but i have promised the Dog that i will start taking him out for half an hour a day at least. I did do this before, and i told him to wake me up at 10:30 so that we could go out, and sure enough, 10:30 on the dot, there was a big wet nose in my face waking me up!

Good luck guys!

SarahJane
Living the good life
Living the good life

LBR wrote:Well, that was a good name. I was thinking that, too. The Fit-Ish Club. What do you all think?

I'm doing well this week-end. Hope every one is feeling at peace with the plan she's on.

Here's to a nice Sunday!

Thats a great name! I reckon thats what it should be called! :flower: :flower:

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

So... now its taken us 3 weeks to decide on a name, dare i ask what the next step is?! :lol:

SarahJane
Living the good life
Living the good life

I hope no one thinks I was treading on their toes or anything but I have started a thread, under the new name of The Fit-Ish Club and The Fee Fairy has made it a sticky so it stays at the top of the health and beauty section.
:flower:

LBR
Living the good life
Living the good life

Fine with me. See you over there.

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

No treading on of toes here! I've got little feet anyway...they're difficult to tread on...

shell
Living the good life
Living the good life

thank you caroline ,that sounds good ,and i have the ingredients in my kitchen,its apple coucous and low fat yogurt for me this evening after supper, :flower:

prison break fan
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Feeling really good about this, just knowing we are all having a go. I agree about not losing too much as I also can't afford new clothes. I have what the charity shop has to offer anyway! My daughter often asks me if I got dressed in the dark. I have banished any sort of processed food and will see how it goes. Good luck everyone. pbf