"THE FIT-ISH CLUB"

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
Helsbells
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: "THE FIT-ISH CLUB"

I went for a lovely half hour walk/jog (mostly walk) today. Was really good, and felt great when I came back. I had my Ipod on and walked in time with the music.
When I got home I had so much energy I made a vat of soup and some fruit scones!

eccentric_emma

Big Al wrote:
eccentric_emma wrote: Anyway, back onto the FIT-ISH club, I walked two miles today, did various exercises too sits up etc. However, have eaten a bag of chocolates from the sweet shop! Oops!

... obviously the chocs were not the usual chocolates but low fat, high fibre, low GI, no calorie power pods...... at least that's what mine are called....oops.
Naturally, Al. We must get the same chocolates then! :angel4:
Off grid retreats, rustic cottages, yoga holidays and more in the midst of nature in Central Portugal

http://www.pureportugalholidays.com

Big Al

Helsbells wrote:I went for a lovely half hour walk/jog (mostly walk) today. Was really good, and felt great when I came back. I had my Ipod on and walked in time with the music.
When I got home I had so much energy I made a vat of soup and some fruit scones!
I used to download a podcast called Podrunner to walk to. They are all done on BPM and vary quite a lot so you will probably find one to suit your pace. Podrunner is still available so just do a ipod search on podrunnr if this is helpful to you.

Alan
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow, sound like you guys are all doing really well :cheers:

I challenge you all to say NO to one fattening thing tomorrow - eg, those cream cakes at work Zoe.

and say YES to one good thing tomorrow - eg walk home, get off a bus stop early, eat a piece of fruit instead of a cream cake...

Keep up the good work :wav:
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

prison break fan

My challenge tomorrow must be to cut down on the home made wine, or maybe on Monday, weekends are hard! pbf

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Buggered up big-style this last few days. Drove to manchester - 10 hours - during which time I ate a full pack of peanut M+Ms and smoked myself stupid.
Lunch at Sarah Jane's was both delicious and healthy and I'm sorry to say it was the only healthy food that's passed my lips until returning home (shorter time - 8 hours so fewer M+Ms and fags - but still far too many). When I got in OH was making kedgeree - yummy.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Shabba
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

I'm starting very late, but can I join!

Having sworn I was going to give up chocolate I've just eaten half a large bar and feel totally sick!
I'm having regular headaches aswell which I put down to either the caffiene or the sugar in the mountains of chocolate that I eat. I keep trying to do the "moderation" thing as it seems such a big thing to cut it out altogether but I've realised this just isn't realistic. Moderation is not in my vocabulary! If there's chocolate in the house I eat it and its got to stop!

So my goals are: NO chocolate
plenty of fruit and veg
drink lots of water (hoping this will improve my complexion too as I look just awful!)
be more active (after years of working from home our office has just moved to its own premises so I'm going to have to start cycling to work again. I can never force myself to do exercise routinesfrom dvd's etc so I think this is the only way I'm going to achieve this one)

I currently weigh about 10 stone and I think I can afford to lose about 1 and a half as I'm quite petite (nice word for shortarse!).

I have a lovely dress which I bought at a carboot sale but haven't been able to get into without it making ominous ripping sounds along the seams for some time now. My ultimate goal is to get back in that dress without resembling a sausage bursting out of it's skin.

This is the first day of the rest of my life! I'm going to get a big glass of water and an apple now....see, I'm being good already. Best of luck all xxx

MikeM
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

prison break fan wrote:My challenge tomorrow must be to cut down on the home made wine, or maybe on Monday, weekends are hard! pbf
ah, but wine is full of anti oxidents and the like, so is practially a health drink. :cooldude:
Hypocrite slayer for hire. So many hypocrites, so little time.

SarahJane
Living the good life
Living the good life

Not had the best few days here although still trying very hard!

Breakfast is fine, black tea and a yoghurt, lunch I am trying to eat salad with maybe some tuna.....I am trying to include a bit of fish but I have only tried tinned tuna so far! :?

Night time, disaster..... too tired to think of something tasty and picking! This has to stop next week! :flower:

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

How's work going, honey. Are you surviving? :hugish:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

SarahJane
Living the good life
Living the good life

Green Aura wrote:How's work going, honey. Are you surviving? :hugish:

it was a bit of a shock to the system tbh, but I am getting there. :lol: The early mornings are a bit stressful but I am starting a little later than usual. ( being brought back in gently!)

Glad that you got home safely. :flower: :flower:

prison break fan

MikeM I feel so much better now!! Must have my medicine! Grandchildren did for the diet today as we have just had fish finger sandwiches for lunch, mind you, we had a long walk in the park before, and now we are off to the beach! pbf

MikeM
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

yup, I had a bottle or two of homemade anti oxidents last night as well, you can feel the goodness coursing through the veins. :lol:
Hypocrite slayer for hire. So many hypocrites, so little time.

eccentric_emma

Went to a house party last night, was very sensible and pre poured my drink into a plastic bottle before I left home, so that once it was finished then I didn't have anymore! Worked very well indeed! No hangover this morning in fact I was up bright and breezy at 9 o clock, which never happens on a Sunday! Did heaps of dancing too as well as walking into town and back yesterday lunchtime (about 2 miles), so lots of exercise for me yesterday! Think I'll have a lazy-ish day today (well I have a 5 hour shift at work)
Off grid retreats, rustic cottages, yoga holidays and more in the midst of nature in Central Portugal

http://www.pureportugalholidays.com

prison break fan

I think we are all doing really well, and if not, a new week starts tomorrow! pbf