Sinusitis

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Sinusitis

Milims wrote:
Millymollymandy wrote:Another question from someone not very clued up medically :roll: - I had a week or so of hearing what felt like a clock going tick tock in my ear - worse when my ear was pressing the pillow - is that tinnitus or is it purely ringing in your ears? It's not the sort of thing I want to go running to the doctor about yet was a bit wierd and worrying at the same time as I've never had noises like that in my ears before. :dontknow:
Is it possible that what you are hearing is blood pulsing?
Very possibly but it's very wierd!

Sorry to hear about the problems you and Thomzo have had or are having, that doesn't sound very nice. My father in law suffers from it but that's apparently because he spent most of his adult life down a pit with a lot of noise.
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

pumpy

Millymollymandy wrote:Another question from someone not very clued up medically :roll: - I had a week or so of hearing what felt like a clock going tick tock in my ear - worse when my ear was pressing the pillow - is that tinnitus or is it purely ringing in your ears? It's not the sort of thing I want to go running to the doctor about yet was a bit wierd and worrying at the same time as I've never had noises like that in my ears before. :dontknow:
Hi MMM do you have problems with ear-wax? If so this may be the cause. Try soaking a small ball of cotton wool in warm olive oil & place it in your ear overnight to soften any wax. Maybe your ears need syringing? I've had to have mine done once or twice, & it's amazing what debris is removed. (before anyone asks........ no, i did'nt lose any brain-cells!). :lol:
it's either one or the other, or neither of the two.

Millymollymandy

Hi Pumpy I don't think I have a problem - my OH does and uses some drops to soften the gunk but I've never felt the need. Maybe I'll try that if the noises come back. :thumbright:

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Sometimes my sinuses cause a popping or banging sound, particularly when I lie down. I often wake up, thinking that I can hear someone banging on the door, but realise it's just my ears playing up. The only trouble is that when someone does knock on the door, I ignore it.

I'm not sure it's tinnitus though.

Cheers
Zoe

Ron and Jean
Tom Good
Tom Good

Tinnitus tends to be in one ear. MMM it may be that you have ear wax, or pressure in your inner ear form a cold. The pillow was possibly pressing the wax and causing the noise. Go see a GP or someone who can check for wax, alternatively put almond oil and cotton wool in your ear to soften the wax twice a day for a week and see if this helps.

Millymollymandy

So it'll be my turn to make a mess on the pillow. :pale: I'll ask the OH for whatever it is that he uses - I've never taken any notice before.

patR
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

My OH suffers from sinus problems a lot, but since Ive grown my own herbs and made him drink regular teas he's improved no end. Try my recipe, a good table spoon on dried lemon verbena for nasal passages and easing pain, dried mullien leaves for catarhh and bronchial passages, 5 lavendar heads to ease headaches, and a good two mil thick slice of ginger, peeled and crushed. All in a pot with a tablespoon of good honey, pour on bioling water (a good big mugful) and cover to brew. Drink hot and inhale stream too... three times a day.
Works for him. It s not a fast acting cure like most herbal remedies it takes a couple of days to see an improvement, but its a good long term remedy that will make a differene.
http://www.crazyfeetfootwear.com
for something just a little bit different

patR
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

oooh i really must check my spelling more often before posting, sorry about all the typos...
http://www.crazyfeetfootwear.com
for something just a little bit different

Millymollymandy

There's barely any there Pat but did you know you can go back into any of your postings and edit them? Just click on the edit button on the right hand side of your posting. :iconbiggrin:

JillStephens7
Living the good life
Living the good life

That sounds great Pat, don't have any mullein but will ask at the health food shop. :sunny:

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

Non-medical version of stopping sinusitis, stop using cow's milk. :iconbiggrin:
I know it sounds weird but since the dragon has joined me in ditching cows milk for goat milk (i became cow milk intolerant a while ago) his sinusitis has not recurred. He spent a fortune on tablets, sprays and the like for twenty odd years and now they are going out of date in the cupboard :thumbright:
A change to goat milk also worked to stop grandbabydragon's snuffles/colds/chest infections which she became subject to after weaning from breast milk
Just wish I had land for some milk goats :?
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

JillStephens7
Living the good life
Living the good life

Well, I am feeling better :sunny: . Not best but definitely better.

The mullein in particular is fantastic. I have wanted to try it for years as had read it is good for 'damp' type problems but kept putting it off 'cause I didn't know how to pronounce it :oops:

Pat, you provided the 'prod' I needed to stop procrastinating and that mix of herbs is doing us the world of good. Thankyou :hugish:

Susie

Snapdragon, you have given me hope. My sinuses are a complete state and coincidentally I have just given up all dairy products as am eating vegan for January. If it makes a difference I will be the happiest woman alive as my nose has been blocked solid since October and I have to sleep propped up like the Elephant Man. Pat, I am going to try your herbs too, off to google mullien. Would it work if I left the honey out (or substituted something else) do you think?
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

JillStephens7
Living the good life
Living the good life

I just re-read the recipe - didn't realise there was honey in it :roll: , so I would say working well without it. Not sure about a substitute.

I don't drink cows milk either except occasional politeness type situations when someone makes me a cup of tea I haven't asked for at meetings and definitely makes me more congested.

Sugar does that to me too. Not so much in something like a flapjack after a meal but scoffing sweets or naff chocolates always makes me really bunged up, get a sort of hangover from it.

Good luck Susie xx

SarahJane
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hello, not been around for quite some time, but I do still try and make time to read even if I dont post.

I have suffered with acute sinusitis for over a year. Some of you may remember all the dental and jaw problems I had before finally having an operation. Previous to the op one side of my face went totally numb, I ended up having a horrendous procedure in hosp to get rid of all the infection in my sinuses and dental cavitys.....

Since then I have constant sinusitis, I only ever ask for antibiotics if it gets unbareable but I find that I manage to keep it from getting that way by steaming every night. I was lucky and a friend gave me an unwanted gift of a facial steamer and it is brilliant! I also find that massaging my face with a menthol type of oil helps ( as Green Aura suggested).
I dont drink milk, eat eggs etc, the only dairy product I have is cheese, I dont know if that helps but it is interesting to read others opinions.

I would like to just wish everyone a belated happy new year and fully intend to get on here more often in 2010.

Love SJ xxxxxx