Restless Leg Syndrome?

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
JulieSherris
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Restless Leg Syndrome?

Ugh.... it all sounds very scary..... :shock:
I've not been to the docs yet, but I'm still monitoring the problem. It doesn't seem to matter what foods I eat (although to be fair, I still have the cornflakes cravings) but I really hope that once I take a deep breath & approach the doc, he/she gets it right the first time!
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

sortanormalish
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 85.0
longitude: 35.0

Green Aura, the dr said something very important about IBS. I worked in pharmaceutical/medical research for years and never caught it (there should be a smiley face kicking itself in the head here).

IBS means Irritable Bowel Syndrome. By definition a syndrome is a collection of symptoms nothing more, it is not a cause, just a description.

With that in mind, when we told him that my husband had been diagnosed with IBS he said, "I guess you noticed that before you paid the bill." He elaborated, "IBS is BS (bull shit, for the more cultured). It is what doctors tell patients so they will shut up and empty the room. IBS is what you tell patients when you don't know what is wrong." I am quoting directly, except the ().

White flour may be bothering you because the wheat is literally bleached. That is one of the most common sensitivities. Gee, I wonder why? But does a bag of flour say 'chlorine bleach' on the label? It doesn't here in the US. Also, our white bread has one of the highest concentrations of chemical additives in commonly consumed items. It might be different for you, I know French food laws are very stringent about what additives are even acceptable to use, in comparison to ours anyway.

I guess technically it would be in your head, that is where your brain is afterall. :lol:
"You are a strange little mouse."
"Thank you." -Tale of Despereaux

Millymollymandy

I get it sometimes too Julie, only in the evening when I have stopped moving around and I'm lying on the sofa in front of the telly. Never get it in bed though. It's a really really wierd feeling and almost impossible to describe to someone who hasn't felt it before!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

JulieSherris

You're back!! Welcome Home :iconbiggrin: :hugish:

I'm off out in a minute, but will look forward to reading all the gossip when I get back :wink:

And yes, my legs were literally crawling last night - sometimes it's a relief just to get into bed to make it stop and perversely, lying on the sofa doesn't help - weird...... :dontknow:
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

Millymollymandy

Thanks Julie, only 9 pages and 255 threads of posts to catch up on :iconbiggrin: ..... like I have the time with all the weeds and laundry to do.... here we need to mow, sow and hoe! :iconbiggrin:

I'll post some photos of my hols when I get around to reducing a few and tell you guys what we got up to. Though probably get into trouble for having driven 4,000 kms. :lol:

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've been getting RLS recently.

Have a look at your intake of MSG, i'm not scientific at all, but i have been living here for nearly a year now, and i'd imagine that my intake of MSG has been higher than ever before. MSG is horrible stuff.

***I have no scientific proof, i'm guessing based on changes in my diet****

sortanormalish
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 85.0
longitude: 35.0

Comfort yourself in the knowledge that if it kills you, you won't need as much embalming fluid to stay beautiful forever. :iconbiggrin:
"You are a strange little mouse."
"Thank you." -Tale of Despereaux

JuzaMum
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hi

have you got your restless legs sorted out? I found I would get restless legs if I ate anything sweet in the evenings so cut out the puddings and late night biscuits and all was well

JuzaMum
Happiness isn't having what you want but wanting what you have.

NaturalBlue
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
latitude: 51 36 13
longitude: 1 50 10

I have had this problem for a number of years now :( I was told that it was a lack of Salt in my diet which I'd cut back on due to blood pressure and family history of heart disease. Anyhow I've never found a drug or supplement that worked and Ive tried quite a few (I am awake now as legs want to be on the move!)
I've found 2 things that helped - going for a short walk in the fresh air and also some yoga style relaxation/meditation.... The whole relaxing on a sandy a beach and feeling each part of your body go heavy etc, neither is full proof though - my Grampy had it really badly and swears by putting a magnet at the bottom of the bed!! No idea how it works but he insists he hasn't had a moments trouble since he put it there :iconbiggrin: so I'm going to try that next

I'll keep you posted x
...um, how can I make that?...

Millymollymandy

Well this has just reminded me that I haven't had it for a while now!! I'm not sure if I've had it all summer come to think of it. Bet it will start again tonight! :iconbiggrin:

old tree man
latitude: 54.5619 N
longitude: 0.9874 W
Facebook Name: Don't have one

When i had my heart op i was taking a very powerful drug called tr@madol for pain relief, so i decided to stop taking it as i was worried about side effects within hours of stopping the drug i started to get restless leg syndrome including uncontrolable shaking and the absolute felling of dread, when i told a GP he said matter of factly" oh ! that sounds like you got addicted to them " :shock: :banghead: "why was'nt i told this i said" "well it dosent usually happen but you must be in the small percentage" i know i digressed a bit but when i had the RLS i really could'nt cope with it so i sympathise with anyone who has it :hugish: a look at my diet did help :thumbright:
Respect to all, be kind to all and you shall reap what you sow.
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

Millymollymandy

Just had to edit that Russ as that drug name is on our autocensor as we used to get spammed a lot by dodgy drug spammers.

I took that when I broke my foot but it did nothing for my pain at all :( so never took much of it - I just remembered the name and had a laugh cos I knew it was on the autocensor here! :lol: