Truly Organic?

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
spider8
A selfsufficientish Regular

Truly Organic?

I'm not very good at keeping to a skin care routine but want to start afresh but.......is there a truly organic range of skin care products out there that can be bought from your local Boots and doesn't cost the earth? I haven't got a clue about these things :dontknow: .
Life's a bitch and then you diet.

Milims

Re: Truly Organic?

I'd second the Faith in Nature suggestion. I 've looked at the boots stuff but once you read the ingredients you find that the stuff is full of nasties that you really wouldn't want to put on your bum let alone your face! It's really annoying that companies put the word organic on labels, making you think that the product is good and wholesome, when really it's full of carp!
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

spider8

Looks like I won't be buying Faith In Nature stuff as they slap on a huge delivery cost to 'us up 'ere' :(
Shame that because their stuff looked and sounded good. I'll keep searching but it doesn't look good, there is only Boots and a small independent chemist for skin care in Orkney :scratch: Thanks anyway ladies.

Uller
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I can't think of anything you can buy in Boots, but there is loads of stuff online - understand that delivery might be costly to you though.

My skincare has got simpler and simpler (in terms of ingredients) - I now use a company called Inlight who are based in Cornwall. They pretty much use organic oils, flower waters and essential oils. I wouldn't say their stuff is cheap, but it goes a very long way. My rather dry skin is moisturised with 4 drops of their facial oil and their oil based cleansing balm only needs a tiny amount to take make up off etc.
Blogging about a new life in Portugal - http://www.aportugueseadventure.wordpress.com

spider8

Thanks for that Uller. Had a look at their web site and stuff looks good but, again, a bit too pricey for me just now. I may have a look into making my own facial cleasners (have combination skin) and toners, moisturisers but haven't got a clue.......some serious research to come I think - when I get the chance!

Shirleymouse
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 52.5
longitude: -1.9

Never used it myself but a couple of people I know use JASON products - might be worth having a look although I suspect there'd be a delivery cost again...

eco-mick
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Have you tried Holland and Barret shops? (the seed & pills places), my local here in Lincs stock a large range of organic stuff for skin care to personal cleaning stuff. Even organic coke from Good Earth range.

Now I don't have to travel to Lincoln to use Waitrose any more :thumbright:

Mick

spider8

Thanks folks. We go south once every two months or so and will have a snoop around the shops in Inverness. If I find some skin care stuff I like I'll have to bulk buy - better get saving!