Menstrual/Menopause question *CAUTION* graphic

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
MuddyWitch
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

Menstrual/Menopause question *CAUTION* graphic

Does anyone know of a herbal treatment to gentally encourage the menopause?

I'm 49 & have been having a few symptoms for about 18 months, but as I now suffer with erratic & VERY heavy & prolonged periods due to fibroids I'd like to speed things along. I'm housebound, tripping to the loo every half hour or so for up to a week, with a lesser flow for several more days. My GP can only suggest a hysterectomy, which I'd like to avoid if at all possible.

It's really getting me down as I can't plan anything more than 24 hours ahead with any confidence. I've been trying to organise minor dental treatment since March, but keep having to cancel the appointments. :roll: (My lovely dentist is understaning & has suggested just booking an appointment for every day for a month & cancelling the day before if necessary!) This can't go on! PLEASE HELP!

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

matowakan
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Menstrual/Menopause question *CAUTION* graphic

I sympathise with you. I too had numerous problems with erratic periods and problems and after a year or so bit the bullet and went for an hysterectomy and although i took a long time to recover (due to ME) and had many problems after the op which kept me in hospital I have no regrets now at all at having it done.If you do go down that routs try and have the "suction" version instead of being opened up as you SHOULD be up and about the next day. Sorry I cant be of more help.

Millymollymandy

I'm really sorry Muddy, don't have any solutions to help just sympathy. :hugish: My last period lasted for 12 days which I thought was annoying enough and I never know when they are going to come these days. At least I don't have spots any more but have yet to start on hot flushes (or cornflakes :wink: )!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

you could try a blend of geranium and cypress essential oils MW. They helped me control heavy painful periods for years. The other thing it might be worth asking your GP about is a uterine ablation. Much less drastic than a hysterectomy - the just remove the lining and fibroids. I only needed 1 week off work after it instead of the 12 weeks with a hysterectomy!

For some reason they're reluctant to do it on the NHS - I have no idea why, I was treated as a day case and no problems.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

boboff

Does shopping at Waitrose bring it on?
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

Ellendra

Find a new doctor. My mother had serious fibroids and had them removed, and it did NOT require a hysterectomy.

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

Thanks for all your love & support, (& the giggle from Boboff :lol: )

GA I will try the EOs, thanks

Ellandra, this is the third GP that has come up with 'the only answer' but I might investigate the uterine ablation opption.

MMM day 9 so far...this time :(

Hot flushes in abundance, sleepy days occasionally, bit of hair thining (but the latset colouring could account for that) no cornflake cravings...will keep you all posted on that one, methinks Mrs Sherris has her own personal symptoms :lol: :lol: :lol:

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

Millymollymandy

Oh Mrs Sherris is definitely unique! :iconbiggrin:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Awne
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I had the ablation last Oct (I had the mesh one) as a last resort before hysterectomy and its the best thing Ive ever done....although painful at the time it was well worth it.....I get a slight bleed still but I have got my life back. Shepherds purse tincture is supposed to be good for heavy bleeding....pick while its flowering, stuff in a jar and cover with vodka....put in a cool dark place for a month, shaking daily. Strain into a bottle and label. Take 1/2 tsp 3 times a day until bleeding stops. xx