Natural Anti-Inflammatory

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
chickenchargrill
Living the good life
Living the good life

Natural Anti-Inflammatory

The search on here won't let me look for anything already here on the subject. I have a shin splint, hurts a lot. I'm taking paracetamol, ice pack and support. I could do with an anti-inflammatory, but I'm allergic to the NSAIDs like ibuprofen and aspirin.

Any foods/teas etc that might help?

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Natural Anti-Inflammatory

Chicken soup, made from real chicken stock (so homemade probably) .... I found a study on it online and can't find it again, there is something in the chicken bones that is anti-inflammatory

Chicken soup is sometimes referred to as Jewish Penicillin... and the study I found was looking into whether there was anything to it.

Worth a try anyway.
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

frozenthunderbolt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fish oil
glucosamine sulfate and condroatin
Jeremy Daniel Meadows. (Jed).

Those who walk in truth and love grow in honour and strength

grahamhobbs
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Arnica is the herbal anti-inflammatory, but Bryony, Chamomile, Horseradish, Marigold, and Echinacea can be used. Consult a herbalist

wabbit955
Living the good life
Living the good life

Turmeric , green tea , brocoili, blueberries , sweet potatoes, virgin olive oil

are all good
Darn that Wabbit

patR
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Devils Claw? Simply supplements... website escapes me at the mo but very good. We get a years supply for under 20 pounds...
http://www.crazyfeetfootwear.com
for something just a little bit different

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Honey and cinnamon - together.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Leander82

Best natural anti inflammatory herbs
* Turmeric is a great herbal remedy for inflammation, including arthritis, tendonitis & auto-immune disorders. Take 400 to 600 milligrams of turmeric extracts (available in tablets or capsules) three times per day. Whole turmeric is best. It may take two months for good effect so be patient. Oh, curry mixtures usually contain a good amount of turmeric so feel free to have lots of curried dishes if you prefer.

* Ginger is also one of the excellent anti inflammatory herbs. Take one to two capsules (500 to 1,000 mg) twice a day with food. You can also use ginger liberally in foods or make fresh ginger tea. Here too, you will need to be patient for the benefits to show.

* Boswellin is a good natural anti inflammatory remedy especially for conditions like fibromyalgia. The dosage is two capsules twice a day or follow the product label.

* Arnica is a widely used herbal remedy for inflammation in addition to a salve for bruises & sprains. Use as directed.

* Devils claw is dual use: one of the better pain-relieving & anti inflammatory herbs. Devil’s claw is especially useful for arthritis.

* Licorice root is an effective, natural anti-inflammatory herb root. Note that long-term use can raise blood pressure and lead to potassium loss. Dose is one-eighth to one-quarter teaspoon of extract up to three times daily.

* St. John's wort is better known for its antidepressant effect but also an herbal remedy for inflammation. Follow label directions.

* White willow bark is also anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving. Use supplement as directed.