anti-wrinkle skin oils

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
ajs88
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

anti-wrinkle skin oils

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what the best mixture of oils and essential oils would be for an anti-wrinkle night face oil.

Looking at lots of pricey serums and 'exliars' by natural skin care companies rosehip oil seems to be a pretty good starting point, add some vit A & E and then bergamot & rose or bergamot & frankinsces essential oils. Ive also seen borage oil, evening primrose oil. castor oil, tumeric root extract and mandrn oil being used

Does anyone mix up a night oil or just use a single oil for nightime, also does anyone think that rosehip is a good or are there cheaper oils that are just as good

Thanks

Aurora

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: anti-wrinkle skin oils

Avocado oil is fantastic along with rosehip and apricot. There's also Raspberry seed and pomegranate seed oils which are wonderful but a bit pricey. Oh and Argan oil is fantastic too.

As for essential oils - Frankincense, Rose, Neroli, Mandarin, Palmarosa and patchouli, Lavender and Geranium are all fab.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

ajs88
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

thank you for such great advice, can you use the avacado oil you get in supermarkets?

lovely to hear that rose is good as i have some and really like finding ways to use it :flower:

lazyspice
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I've tried a few different combos over the last couple of years and seem to have finally found the one that my skin likes best - 2 parts sweet almond, 1 part rosehip and 1 part jojoba. I usually add either patchouli or frankincense. I'm tempted to try some of the oils Green Aura has suggested though, they sound lovely :flower:

Sandybeth
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I use Rosehip Oil, with a 2% blend of Rose and Frankincense essential oils. I have recently bought some Argan oil, but haven't tried it yet. Rose Water is great as a toner before using the oil too.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

I would only use any carrier oils that are cosmetic grade - the supermarket oils tends to be doctored to remove colour, smell etc and make them standard. This takes out all the best bits!

There are some good oils suppliers. Penny Price is excellent and so is Quinessence. Don't go for really cheap, they'll have been diluted with something.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

lazyspice
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Rose water is lovely - I mix it with witch hazel, I've been using that for about 30 years and must have saved a small fortune when you look at the price of toners!

My last few oil purchases came from Fresholi - I don't know how she compares on price but have had no complaints with her products, they've all been lovely and her patchouli is the nicest I've used.

Sandybeth
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I get my oils from http://www.materiaaromatica.com Penny Price are excellent too.

Helsbells
A selfsufficientish Regular

I use shea butter, as a moisturiser, in terms of oils I use Jojoba and wheatgerm oils at night. Wheatgerm is better if my skin is really dry.
I read that the skin doesn't actually absorb vitamins.

Also I have decided that wrinkles are just part of getting older and it is just society that says we should look perpetually youthful. I focus on keeping my skin feeling good rather than worrying about wrinkles. There is ultimately nothing I can do to stop myself aging. It's what's inside that counts!

lazyspice
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Helsbells wrote:Also I have decided that wrinkles are just part of getting older and it is just society that says we should look perpetually youthful. I focus on keeping my skin feeling good rather than worrying about wrinkles. There is ultimately nothing I can do to stop myself aging. It's what's inside that counts!
Totally agree with you :thumbright: I've earned every wrinkle and grey hair I've got and it doesn't bother me at all but my nan taught me to look after my skin and I moisturise religiously morning and night - have done since I started wearing makeup in my early teens. She had lovely skin well into her 80's and I'm hoping mine will look as good :flower:

ajs88
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

i had a little jojoba oil and rose essential oil left so have been using it each night for last couple of days. the jojoba has gone in really well, my skin can get clogged and spotty with heavy creams but really liked the jojoba and is really nice in the morning, also noticed that the lines on my forehead are a little smoother although thats probably more to do with gently massaging it with my fingertips where there are lines :cheers:

i know we should be happy and consider lines and wrinkles to be part of us but my OH is blessed with age proof skin and im horrified by the idea of ever looking older then him when im nine years younger. the only thing that i can say hes does is that he uses oil on his skin each day abit baby oil which i think is :pukeright:

but im looking forward to trying out a few different oils, especially rosehip and cant wait to get my hands on some frankincense and see how it goes

Jessiebean
Living the good life
Living the good life

I love using oils on my skin, I use a facial oil made withrose hip oil, rose geranium and lavender -I suspect it has sweet almond as a base as it is too thin to be just rosehip but it makes my skin glow and I love the smell. I also use coconut oil as a moisturiser- I am pretty sure it is supposed to be good for wrinkle prevention (and everything else on the planet!)
I like to use oil cleasning as well but I often just use a microfibre face cloth, as long as I don't use soap hings seem to go well enough...
"Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.”

my blog: http://thedullroarphilosophy.blogspot.com/

southeast-isher

ajs88 wrote:thank you for such great advice, can you use the avacado oil you get in supermarkets?

lovely to hear that rose is good as i have some and really like finding ways to use it :flower:
i got some avacado oil from S*nsburys and i see W*trose do it too. It's about a fiver for a bottle. It's great stuff and cleared up a skin problem on my forehead while accidentily curing my chapped lip problem. Read up on it on G0ogle. I recommend it!

southeast-isher

some times i even neck a shot of it too...

becks77

Coconut oil or argan oil I use
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"