Help with gout pleeeeease

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
old tree man
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 54.5619 N
longitude: 0.9874 W
Facebook Name: Don't have one

Help with gout pleeeeease

Hi all has anyone got any idea's of how to alieviate gout, i don't want to take powerful drugs as i have a dodgy stomach, but the pain is killing me............................... my goodness :( :flower:
Respect to all, be kind to all and you shall reap what you sow.
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

oldjerry

Re: Help with gout pleeeeease

Jesus H does it hurt!.....I couldn't take any of the medication,and just drank 3 or 4 times more water than before,and a lot of pain killers,after a while,it DID calm down,hopefully someone will suggest a natural remedy,all I can do is assure you it DID subside for me('bout 3 yrs ago ) and it hasn't returned.......but I remember how much it hurt!

becks77

So sorry this is affecting you, a member of my family suffered suddenly and horribly with gout a feww months back, she did some research and found that certain foods can be a trigger she narrowed it down to raspberries has stopped eating these and it has gone. Hopefully this may help
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

becks77

ps, its all to do with uric aid build up, this site may help
http://www.gout.com
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

Milims

Hope this helps :http://arthritis.about.com/od/gout/a/foodstoeat.htm Feel beter soon :hugish:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

old tree man
latitude: 54.5619 N
longitude: 0.9874 W
Facebook Name: Don't have one

Thanks everyone for the wishes and advice i'll get to the net after this, i went to the doc's and she gave me some gel to rub on and a few blood tests later, but now i know how my dad felt :( :flower:
Respect to all, be kind to all and you shall reap what you sow.
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

The Riff-Raff Element

That's rotten Russ! I've never suffered, but I know those who have and it isn't a barrel of laughs. I've heard of turmeric and sour cherries (juice or extract) being good for treating gout, and I think some practioners recommend high levels of vitamin C as being helpful. Good luck!

Crickleymal
Living the good life
Living the good life

I am a sufferer although I haven't had an attack for 2 or more years now. An occasional twinge if I kneel too long with pressure on my toes but that's it. I've heard of goutweed being some help but can't vouch for it myself http://www.sacredearth.com/ethnobotany/ ... utweed.php . I took Allopurinol for a time but once it was under control it seem sto be in abeyance. Try to eat oily fish and fresh stuff. Avoid beans like the plague, the cabbage family is not good either and possibly citrus fruits. Alcohol doesn't really make much difference I found :cheers:

Trouble is that a lot of the stuff that I was advised to eat to lower my cholesterol is the same stuff that triggers my gout. Does my GP care about this, does he heck.

Oh one final thing, If you know anyone in the USA or anyone going there on holiday the get them to get you Alleve or sodium naproxen tablets. Naproxen is the active ingredient in one of the gout tablets that you get in prescription over here. It's cheaper in the USA although the dosage is a bit lower than the prescription dosage and it probably won't upset your stomach as much.
Malc

High in the sky, what do you see ?
Come down to Earth, a cup of tea
Flying saucer, flying teacup
From outer space, Flying Teapot

dan-dan
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Strange,
I was just about to post on a similar(ish) topic.
I've a friend whose hubby has gout, tried everything with minimal success.
She heard about celery seed tablets and tried them.
They seem to have worked better than other remedies.
As a side line they've also relieved, again, more than other remedies, her arthritis.
So, I'm off to H*lland and B*rrets to get a bottle for my good lady to try. She an arthritis sufferer :(
Lets hope for success.
I must stress the importance of getting them from health food shops....DON'T USE CELERY SEEDS FROM YOUR GARDEN CENTER.

Barry
If you don't fall off you'll never learn how to get back on !!

This e-mail is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

elisabeth
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

My husband gets gout and uses a cherry vitamin C tablet, bought from the chemist, a bit more expensive than the normal Vit C but very effective. And he has also been given pills from a friend in the US, presumably the ones aforementioned, and they were excellent too. Good luck!

sheridand
Tom Good
Tom Good

My husband is a sufferer, he has tablets when he has a flare up, but otherwise, controls it through diet. You have to find out what triggers you, it can vary from person to person, but my OH avoids oily fish, spinach, and cider, they all give him flare ups within days. It's said to be food high in purines that contributes to it, but it can also be individual foods that just affect you. http://arthritis.about.com/cs/gout/a/foodstoavoid.htm

merlin
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 42.165085
longitude: 26.567146

I know that eating gizzards is a no no for sufferers. Bulgarian people eat a lot, nothing wasted. My nan used to eat then, then I think it went out of fashon in most places. I tried them for the first time last year, and I have to say, yum. Anyway, hope that helps someone.
A few short films of us making home made food and drink in Bulgaria
http://inbulgaria.co.uk/