going no-poo

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: going no-poo

For nits, my sister used to swear by permanent hair dye. Not sure whether you'd want to use it on your daughter.
My sister was infested a few times, and then started dyeing her hair black. That sorted the little sh!ts out - the dye killed them all.

Not sure whether it was something in the dye, or the fact that you stick it on, leave it for half an hour and then rinse - maybe they were suffocated?

demi
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 41° 50' N
longitude: 22° 00' E

Re: going no-poo

I suspect its the harsh chemicals in the dye that kills them. I'd stick to the kids shampoo for nits, wouldn't want to dye my kids hair plus it's probably too harsh on their skins for kids.
Tim Minchin - The Good Book
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1I3mBojc0

'If you just close your eyes and block your ears, to the acumulated knowlage of the last 2000 years,
then morally guess what your off the hook, and thank Christ you only have to read one book'