Suntan oil

Please keep your posts about natural health and beauty things! This is another popular demand section. So don't prove us wrong and fill it with posts about natural face masks, herbal medicine and anything else you think belongs here.
sda
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Suntan oil

Is normal suntan oil that helped you to tan, still available, or do they only sell the stuff that stops the tanning process?

happyhippy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Suntan oil

I believe they do still sell it,why anyone would want to apply it and literally bake themselves is anyones guess! :dontknow: I grew up in Australia and back in the 70's no one used "sunblock"Those inclined,baked themselves.Luckily by the 80's people became more sunblock savvy.I live in the Uk atm,and still wear atleast(if not more)factor 30+ sunblock,sometimes factor 50+!Two of my siblings have suffered some skin cancer,and I believe these tanning oils contain no or very little protection.

battybird

I remember in the 70's when we used to put on vinegar and corn oil and sit in the sun! Smelt like fish and chips and must have literally fried our skin! Hindsight is a wonderful thing! :shock:
The cockerel makes the noise, the hen produces the goods!! anon

sda
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I was intrigued, to say the least, about that, but it seems to well known in France http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle ... g.shopping