Can Anyone Identify these please

Want your Mushroom ID? Ask here and also look at some of the old posts here to see what you might have. Make sure you use a field guide and triple check using google images.
swhaq
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Can Anyone Identify these please

I found these in the grass by the roadside in Co.Down
Attachments
IMG_1576.JPG
IMG_1576.JPG (242.68 KiB) Viewed 2613 times
IMG_1578.JPG
IMG_1578.JPG (195.87 KiB) Viewed 2613 times

pumpy
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Can Anyone Identify these please

Hi swahq, it's always very difficult to identify a fungus from a photo. I have a book which is a very comprehensive guide to British/European mushrooms/fungi. I could say that yours are one thing, when they could be another......... but the main thing is, that if you are looking for edible mushrooms, make sure that you are 100% certain of what they are. :dontknow:
it's either one or the other, or neither of the two.

swhaq
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

:scratch: Can anyone have a stammer at these mushrooms please as they're dring out and if they are good i'd like the option of not throwing them out.

grahoom
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hello swhaq

I am afraid the pictures are not good enough quality for me to be able to give you an ID on these.

due to the nature of identifying mushrooms it's very important to be able to tell the colour of the gills, the stem, the top etc.

this site is very good

http://www.mushrooms.org.uk/

might be of some use to you.
|You can't feel lonely with nature as your companion| millican dalton

Geoff
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

grahoom wrote:Hello swhaq

I am afraid the pictures are not good enough quality for me to be able to give you an ID on these.
They're good enough to be fairly confident in saying that it isn't a commonly-eaten species. As a forager, you wouldn't normally look twice at these: not on the menu.

grahoom
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Geoff wrote:
grahoom wrote:Hello swhaq

They're good enough to be fairly confident in saying that it isn't a commonly-eaten species. As a forager, you wouldn't normally look twice at these: not on the menu.
Indeed, but when I go out mushrooming I am not only looking for edible mushrooms, as I am interested in fungi in general, so like to identify both edible and none edible species.
|You can't feel lonely with nature as your companion| millican dalton