plant and grow honeysuckle cuttings?

The whole reason for the selfsufficientish website was to offer a place where anyone can ask, HOW DO I...? So who knows why it has taken us so long to have a HOW DO I? section, but here it is. So if you want to know how to do anything selfsufficientish then here is the place to ask.
the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

plant and grow honeysuckle cuttings?

Sat May 09, 2009 2:34 pm

We had a few honeysuckle plants that made their way over the wall. I'd like to take cuttings and grow my own plants - how do i do this?

Ta

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: plant and grow honeysuckle cuttings?

Sun May 10, 2009 5:39 am

I think I'd be tempted just to put them in a jam jar of water and wait and see if they root. I have a feeling they will! Mine is 2 years old now but came as a bit of root and a few shoots from a neighbour. It's now an enormous colourful wonderful sight but I'm wondering where on earth to train this year's enormous new growth which is waving 1 metre long vertically up in the air..... :scratch: :flower: Good luck!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

fruitcake
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: plant and grow honeysuckle cuttings?

Sun May 10, 2009 12:52 pm

honeysuckle's pretty easy - just chop it into 6" bits and shove them in a pot - should come away. I love honeysuckle - i've got a couple of small ones and if a bit breaks off I stuff it in a pot and away it goes :flower: