...Start an Honesty Stall?

The whole reason for the selfsufficientish website was to offer a place where anyone can ask, HOW DO I...? So who knows why it has taken us so long to have a HOW DO I? section, but here it is. So if you want to know how to do anything selfsufficientish then here is the place to ask.
JulieSherris
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: ...Start an Honesty Stall?

I can't go & look, Maggie!! I've kept busy in the veg garden today, but I don't think I've heard any cars stop..... :dontknow:
It'll take a day or two for people to notice the sign at the end of the lane, so I shall be patient....softly, slowly, catchy monkey.... :lol:
To be fair, it's not the busiest road down the bottom anyway, I have printed some little posters out to go up in the local shops as well & will have a few flyers when we do the bird sales, so hopefully in a few months I will have built a little fan base :wink:
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

StripyPixieSocks

WOW, that is one classy honesty box... looks lovely and I'm sure in time you'll get loads of regular customers :D

Pennylane
Tom Good
Tom Good

Hello.I think you have really made a fantastic stall...you were asking what else you could sell, if you cannot sell alcohol, then Elderflower Cordial is delicious.By the looks of your wood work you could make bird boxes/feeders..
Sounds like you have a good chance of Honesty with your box in your area.good luck.

happyhippy

Hi,it sounds like a great idea.We live rurally and even though I don't have a stall,I leave eggs out on the front porch and locals know to just leave the money next to them!So far so good!When I lived in Australia,I had loads of spare fruit and veg left over each year.I used to see mine to the local take out shop(they'd buy my surplus tomatoes,lettuces ect for their burgers),I also sold them to the local pubs/restaurants.Not sure if you can do it here mind you,might be abit stricter laws for that type of thing.I have seen several honesty stalls round where I live and have never heard of anyone ripping anyone off.Good luck and I hope it all goes well for you.xx

JulieSherris

Thank you HH!
It's all going very well so far - too well in fact!

The folk who started to come on a sunday have started coming on a saturday... and the result is that I have 3 duck eggs & 2 hen eggs left outside & haven't a single one in the house anywhere to be found!!
I bought 4 new hens last week, so I'm hoping it won't be too long before they start laying!

I think I also have an abundance of drakes, so in a few weeks, I shall pop a notice up for table ready ducks & see what happens. I need to make them a new pen first & separate them - SO not looking forward to that - it's nice to see a little huddle of 18 ducklings wandering the garden :lol:
The more people I meet, the more I like my garden :wink:

Pennylane
Tom Good
Tom Good

So pleased things have taken off...I have the same problem as you..once everyone knows how good your eggs are its hard to keep some for the house...from help I do not know what to do with them all ..to I have not got enough... :lol: