brewing equipment in spain??

The whole reason for the selfsufficientish website was to offer a place where anyone can ask, HOW DO I...? So who knows why it has taken us so long to have a HOW DO I? section, but here it is. So if you want to know how to do anything selfsufficientish then here is the place to ask.
jimmyhague
margo - newbie
margo - newbie
latitude: 52
longitude: 7

brewing equipment in spain??

anyone know of stockists of winemaking/ brewing stuff in spain. ?? could get it online or scavenge but i wonder if there may be a wizened shopowner i could practice my spanish on and learn more back!

Biscombe
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: brewing equipment in spain??

Where abouts are you? There's a great little wine making supplies shop in Cadiar which is 30 mins drive from where I live, they also sell homemade local wine and vermouth. They don't have a website.
http://www.turgranada.es/municipios/mun ... d_idioma=2

jimmyhague
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

valencia. but that sounds very enticing. we may have a mosey. local vermouth? maybe quite soon..

Biscombe
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

It's quite a treck from Valencia! Next time I go there I'll get the telephone number for you, maybe they can post supplies to you. Saying that the vermouth is to die for!! :iconbiggrin:

Biscombe
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

What do you need?

jimmyhague
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

i'm sure i can rustle up most of the containers/bottles needed but it's the bungs, airlocks, hydrometers, yeasts, campden tablets etc. read andy's book inside out now and am champing at the bit! i suppose there is an attitude with many in the uk of 'why make your own when the supermarkets are brimming with the stuff' even moreso here with so much great wine cheap but with so many natural ingredients available here and our own plot that i can't resist having a go...

Biscombe
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

That's pretty light stuff to send, there's many online homebrew companies that send overseas (damn can't remember who I used last time) I think you're better off getting everything in one go on line. In all the years I've lived in Spain the above mentioned shop is the only one I've come across!

jimmyhague
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

i will be placing an order for some of your seeds and sauce sometime soon. i do love curry and will bring back bags of spices from any trips back to bristol. have grown padrones but shall be more adventurous this summer. hot, but not nuclear and tasty.. which varieties do you recommend? straying slightly from brewing!

Biscombe
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Too many to mention :wink: i've got the site on hold at the moment, going to refresh the seed stock this summer, If I have any old stock spare after this seasons sowing, I'll send you some seeds, PM your address :icon_smile: