...add more light to my garden?

The whole reason for the selfsufficientish website was to offer a place where anyone can ask, HOW DO I...? So who knows why it has taken us so long to have a HOW DO I? section, but here it is. So if you want to know how to do anything selfsufficientish then here is the place to ask.
Berti
Living the good life
Living the good life

...add more light to my garden?

my mini veg garden, which is an 2,5x2,5 metres, is situated at the north, unfortunately.
sure I can grow veg, garden is now 1,5 years old and doing better every time. (improving soil where possible)

but I thought, if I could in a simple way (rental house) add more light to the garden, maybe things would improve.
since its situated on the north that means I will only have reasonable light march-sept.....and not even that much then.

does someone have (preferably low to no cost) suggestions on things I can try, please?

oldjerry
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: ...add more light to my garden?

That isn't the largest veg patch in the World,why not get some scaffold planks,or similar and raise it 3 ft (1m) or so off the ground i.e. nearer the light.

GeorgeSalt
Living the good life
Living the good life

A gloss white wall/fence on the north-side of the plot, raked inwards to reflect light back onto the growing area?
Curently collecting recipes for The Little Book of Liqueurs..

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Cover George's wall with scavenged CD's for maximum reflection. While you're at it, use it as a surface to grow strawberries in pots, then stick your CD's onto their pots to reflect the light.