set up the best website for my crafts?

The whole reason for the selfsufficientish website was to offer a place where anyone can ask, HOW DO I...? So who knows why it has taken us so long to have a HOW DO I? section, but here it is. So if you want to know how to do anything selfsufficientish then here is the place to ask.
GeorgeSalt
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: set up the best website for my crafts?

clare wrote:Sweetheart on folksy does not take you to my shop .but folksy.com/shops/sweetheart does it takes you straight to my shop.
I take it you didn't even try the example link I posted - where that soes take you directly to your shop? - you can have the link say whatever text you want and it will direct anyone clicking it to a hidden address. If customers are going to have to go the extra mile and cut and paste a link into their browser they're not going to see that as someone welcoming them to their shop. Especially when 2/3 times you've mispelt the link.

Anyway, have fun. IWMH.
Curently collecting recipes for The Little Book of Liqueurs..

Zech
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 52.36
longitude: -3.84

George, look back at the very first sentence in this thread. Go easy :hugish:

Clare, have another look at George's post. What he's trying to explain is that you can have a nice friendly name like, 'Sweetheart on Folksy' (or just 'Sweetheart', or whatever you like) but when people click on the words, it's a link direct to your shop. You tell the computer what the address is so the customers don't have to worry about typing it in correctly.
---
Rachel

Take nobody's word for it, especially not mine! If I offer you an ID of something based on a photo, please treat it as a guess, and a starting point for further investigations.

My blog: http://growingthingsandmakingthings.blogspot.com/

Niele da Kine
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
latitude: 21.27
longitude: 157.82

what GeorgeSalt showed you was the line of computer code that sends folks to your shop, which in this case is "folksy.com/shops/sweetheart". However that isn't a very attractive line of text nor does it have an automatic link where you can click on it to go there. He added a bit of code which has a more attractive name "Sweetheart on Folksy" with an automatic link to the site. Although the ending perhaps should be [/url] Computer code is very fussy about misspellings and forgetting a bracket here or there so a lot of folks let the computer put those parts in.