...find books about discussions on self-sufficiency and how to build self-sufficient communities

The whole reason for the selfsufficientish website was to offer a place where anyone can ask, HOW DO I...? So who knows why it has taken us so long to have a HOW DO I? section, but here it is. So if you want to know how to do anything selfsufficientish then here is the place to ask.
E-P
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

...find books about discussions on self-sufficiency and how to build self-sufficient communities

Couldn't really find an appropriate sections for my post but lets try here.

As the title says, looking for books/essays/articles that discusses self-sufficiency, self-sufficient/climate resilient/sustainable communities and how to "build" them. I tried google, but all I get is books on self-sufficiency in terms how to grow your veggies, keep livestock, etc. Any suggestions appreciated.

Also, any suggestions on communities in Southwest England where I could spend some time volunteering and getting a better feel of it all?

It is time for me to start looking beyond my allotment!

Cheers

Magpie
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: ...find books about discussions on self-sufficiency and how to build self-sufficient communities

Try the Transition Network - https://www.transitionnetwork.org/ They might have like-minded people near you.

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ...find books about discussions on self-sufficiency and how to build self-sufficient communities

Have you looked at the Diggers and Dreamers website and of course these ones http://www.brithdirmawr.co.uk/

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

It might also be worth looking for Permaculture communities.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

How to live off grid by Nick Rosen is not a bad book but the title is a bit misleading.

Nick travels around the country visiting people who are living the off grid life from millionaires to people with virtually nothing.

Quite interesting but not actual information on the nuts and bolts of off grid living

paul
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment