how to stuff a large marrow

The whole reason for the selfsufficientish website was to offer a place where anyone can ask, HOW DO I...? So who knows why it has taken us so long to have a HOW DO I? section, but here it is. So if you want to know how to do anything selfsufficientish then here is the place to ask.
gunners71uk
A selfsufficientish Regular

how to stuff a large marrow

ok i have a large marrow i usually cut one end off scoop out and peel outside skin then cook mince and stuffing add a couple of eggs mix it together and put in the marrow place on foil wrap in foil and twist the ends and bake for an hour or so i used to do this alot years back but i forgot a bit hope you can tell me im on the right track pls i dont leave the skin on as its a big marrow appreciate your help thankyou

Flo

Re: how to stuff a large marrow

I leave the skin on myself.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

I haven't done it for a while but I used to just make a thick bolognese mixture - either with meat, lentils or nuts - a good squeeze of tom puree instead of tinned or fresh toms makes it nice and thick. Slice marrow through middle, scoop out seeds, fill with mixture, put back together, wrap and bake. I don't peel it either but I pierce it and place on a rack so juices can drip through. That way it doesn't go too soggy. Slice and serve with mashed spuds. Mmmm.

Forgot to add 200C (Gas mark 6) for about 30-45 mins, I think. A knife should pierce it easily.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

gunners71uk

thankyou for your input :)