Small.crop.of.hops.

The whole reason for the selfsufficientish website was to offer a place where anyone can ask, HOW DO I...? So who knows why it has taken us so long to have a HOW DO I? section, but here it is. So if you want to know how to do anything selfsufficientish then here is the place to ask.
sheena
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Small.crop.of.hops.

Hi,
I have ben given access to a small crop of hops can anyone throw some ideas as to what I could use them for.please?

Brewtrog
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Small.crop.of.hops.

The obvious answer is to make beer with them (well, I would say that). I've also made a rather enjoyable hop wine before now. Otherwise hop pillows are supposed to be a good aid for sleeping.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

I've never made the wine but the best beer we ever made was this with a bag of unidentified hops I'd bought to make sleep pillows.

https://www.selfsufficientish.com/main/ ... real-hops/

The sleep pillows were good too - mix the hops with dried marjoram and lavender buds and sew into a small muslin bag. Slipped into your pillow they're supposed to aid restful slep.

If they're still on the bine(?) they apparently used to be used as a garland, for decoration. I'm not sure about that one, personally. The smell of hops alone is too strong for my tastes. :iconbiggrin:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

sheena
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Thankyou for your replies everyone, much appreciated as alwaysx