My family

Due to popular demand, here is the section to discuss everything to do with our pets. Please remember though to post any queries regarding pet livestock in the livestock section as you are more likely to get the right response there!
KathyLauren
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 44.5
longitude: -66

My family

Here are my furry kids:

Riley. 18 years old, adopted at 17. Scruffy looking but tons of personality. Fancies himself to be an opera singer, especially at 2:00 am!

Liesl. 11 years old, adopted as a feral kitten. Will always be feral. Dislikes Riley and doesn't trust me. Rolls over and meows when you tell her she's pretty.

Larkin. 7 year old retired greyhound. Very mellow. Fastest couch potato in the west.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: My family

Lovely tribe. Our cats (we have five) are a funny old bunch too. Our oldest, Mia, is definitely my OH's cat. She left home last year when we went away for a week, even though our daughter was still at home. It took us months to entice her back from the delights of the local cafe (unfortunately we're going away again soon). Purdy is very loving but slightly dangerous - when she head butts you for attention you know about it! Schroedy (was found as a very tiny kitten, barely alive, in a box) is dim and grumpy but lovable (rather like my OH :lol: ). Souxsie, another tiny stray kitten who wailed loudly when we first brought her home, is a bully, despite having the smallest head in Catdom. Finally Pansy, the youngest, is a bit wild, she has never learned to retract her claws when playing so we often look like we've been savaged. None of the other cats like her at all and we just can't work out why.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular

Reckon that Keith's opera singing cat has a streak of Burmese or Siamese in the genes - those breeds are very "musical" and a feral cat can be the best house guard ever - we had one that patrolled and was worth more than a burglar alarm as it was much more dangerous. There are some tales ...

There's a contender for the fastest couch potato in the village here Keith - but not brindled.

KathyLauren
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 44.5
longitude: -66

Flo wrote:a feral cat can be the best house guard ever - we had one that patrolled and was worth more than a burglar alarm as it was much more dangerous.
Ha-ha! Not Liesl. Her middle name is Heidi because she likes to hide.

We have had house-sitters come to look after the cats when we were away. Riley (and his predecessor, Owen) would be all happy to see them. But we'd get reports when we got back that they'd never seen Liesl. When a stranger comes in, she hides so well that we sometimes aren't sure she's still in the house. A burglar would have clear sailing.

contadina

Gorgeous bunch and let's be honest, we'd all stretch out like Larkin if we could :-)