In desperate need of a cheap car - can anybody help?

Not the 1970s UK TV programme, but a free place for people to swap, give away or sell anything from seeds to tractors. Anything illegal or immoral will be deleted.
faulknerm
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

In desperate need of a cheap car - can anybody help?

Evening all,

It's a long story which I wont go into now, but basically my car was incorrectly seized way back in October (along with my driving license) - and after months of arguing backwards and forwards with solicitors I've finally proved my point and had my license returned to me.

Unfortunately it seems that my car is now a lot more square and "cube like" :( and I'm faced with another uphill legal battle to get some compensation for it's value etc.

Basically this has left us with a 5 mile walk into work each day - not good, but even if I'd been able to afford to buy another car I didn't have a license to drive one as that had been taken as well. Now that I have it back I'm in desperate need of any roadworthy car - not at all fussed what it is/looks like etc. so long as it's cheap.

Does anybody happen to have an old banger along these lines cluttering up their driveway?

More than happy to travel if need be to collect.

Many thanks. :)

Marc