Chain emails

Do you want more categories on this forum? Do you want to see some other things on the main site? Any suggestions you have, please let us know.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Chain emails

We all get chain emails, you know the type forward this onto 400 friends or you will end up having a terrible day even though this is suposed to be a good luck charm.

Now I was thinking that perhaps one could be made up to promote this site, forum and a self sufficientish lifestyle. Could be an interesting experiment to see if it works. The downside of it is if it ends up becoming too much like spam or just irratates those people you have not seen for ages and just want a personal email. Personally I rarely forward emails but there are a few people I always get them from and were we to compile a self sufficientish chain email they would be the only people to recieve it.

Anyway, just an idea.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

wulf
A selfsufficientish Regular

:violent1:

Had to dip into the extended range of emoticons there! Please don't! Chain emails are never called for!

As an alternative, how about creating a thread so that all those of us who blog (or even just occasionally contribute to other people's blogs) can post links to entries that link back here. Benefits over the chain letter include:

1. You keep everyone who loves doing things properly happy
2. You promote the touchy-feely warmth of Web 2.0 by encouraging social networking
3. Both you and a whole host of bloggers get lots of reciprocal links (handy for people searching for info by clicking links and also worthy of kudos in Google's rankings).

Wulf

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

I take the blow to the head as I have been told. I totally get your point as they do my head in.

So what sort of link are you thinking of?
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Shirley

Hiya

I hate chain mails too... but! we all can use a signature on every email we write.. I use one that gives the SSISH link and a quote 'the urban guide to selfsufficientish' but i'm sure that there is a better phrase.. how about you give us something to say about ssish that we can use in a siggie.. both on email and any other forums/blogs etc.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Millymollymandy

Biff! Splat! Kapow! (hate those things too!)

Why don't you just mention the site to your friends who you think will be interested? Trouble is I don't know anyone who is interested in this kind of lifestyle! I have mentioned the site here and there on other forums but - nada. :(

wulf

Andy Hamilton wrote:So what sort of link are you thinking of?
Just a discussion where we can post things like:
Today I posted a link to a site about cubicle coffee; I make my coffee at home and take it to work in a flask because that makes it easier to recycle the grounds!
Wulf

Mandyz
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I agree that increasing word of mouth/networking would be good.

One option, besides posting in our own blog, is to leave replies in OTHER blogs. So, perhaps you are reading a post in a random blog and you think, hey, we discussed something related to that at sssish forum... so you open a new window, find a link to the thread, and share the wealth in your blog reply :)
At least, that's what *I* would do.

It may be particularly worthwhile to drop a note to enviro bloggers, who would hopfeully check out the site and forum and then blog a review or such.

And hey, are we in wikkipedia? Someone should add selfsufficientish to wikkipedia if not.