Computing/IT/Technology Forum ?

Do you want more categories on this forum? Do you want to see some other things on the main site? Any suggestions you have, please let us know.

Should there be a Self Sufficientish Computing/IT/Technology forum ?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:30 pm

yes
67%
no
No votes
other/maybe/read my posting
33%

Total votes: 3

jema
Tom Good
Tom Good

Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:35 pm

Never quite sure about techy forums on no techy sites. I worry that they might put many people off.

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:58 pm

A while back I did run an it section on the forum for about a week. It rasied no interest at all. Darren your suggestion about changing the name of the spam bit is not a bad one I will try it out.

Martin - I understand your reservations about not having an it section, but I also think that it is a valid point to say that we all use computers so why not. another point that I thought on this matter was the fact that resourses can be saved by computers.

The valentines card and the subsequent easter ect cards that we are doing if used how intended will save cardbard.

Also, music being downloaded and played on mp3 players stops the production of cds that will ultimately end up in a landfill. So the use of computers and the ethos of the site (it could be argued) do fit in pretty well together.

Ps- I hope you both don't mind me using your real names :oops:
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

jema
Tom Good
Tom Good

Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:56 pm

Andy Hamilton wrote:
Martin - I understand your reservations about not having an it section, but I also think that it is a valid point to say that we all use computers so why not. another point that I thought on this matter was the fact that resourses can be saved by computers.
:
As you know from the downsizer site, I agree about having an IT section, but I think the drawbacks are worth thinking about.

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:05 pm

fair point.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging