What a scan!

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
MrsD'ville
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

What a scan!

Weel, we had our dating scan this afternoon. I felt a wee bit diffident about posting about this in the light of citizentwiglet's difficult day - I hope it's not insensitive of me and if I'm putting my size 6 1/2 in it please put it down to inexperience on this board and nothing worse.

I was extraordinarily nervous all morning, I haven't been that nervous since the train journey back to college to get my degree results. We were call in early, phewee, but no-one had told me I needed a full bladder so I was sent away with a plastic cup and told to drink a pint of water! I couldn't believe we'd been so close to knowing. I'd suddenly crumpled into tears on the couch as the gel went on as it all came back from last year, but there we are, they must see it all the time.

So back in I went a pint of water later and we saw a heartbeat!!!!! :cheers: Of course I went to pieces again but in the best way - I was heaving so much the sonographer lost the picture! I'm dated to 9+2 which gives us an EDD of 23rd Dec, gawd 'elp us! We've told the children - the first thing our daughter did was make the baby a Christmas present of a shaker out of old loo roll inners and pasta :flower: She sang to it through my tum, kissed my tum and kept saying she hoped it would all be okay, gorgeous little thing that she is. Fortunately stepchildren are also fine with it and my stepson has offered to swap his bedroom with another room which will mean Brian (he's not the new Messiah, he's a very naughty boy...) will be next to our bedroom.

Next milestone is the nuchal translucency scan in Cardiff mid-June. I'm 37 so we felt it was a good investment as it's not offered on the NHS anywhere near us. Hoping it's a formality, but my thoughts are very much with citizentwiglet.

Clara
A selfsufficientish Regular

Christmas should be interesting then.....I hope you get out of doing too much hard work :wink:

Apparently scientists in nearby Granada have just released a blood test which can be done at 8 weeks to accurately provide info on chronosomal anormalities and gender (which in Spain is normally known before the birth).....I wonder how long it will be before that is available Europe-wide.
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

citizentwiglet

It is NOT in the slightest bit insensitive, my dear.

Having your scan is such a fantastic moment it really should be shared, I'm thrilled that everything went well for you - and I bet you really enjoyed that trip to the toilet afterwards, didn't you?? :mrgreen:

Much love to you and babba xxxxx
I took my dog to play frisbee. She was useless. I think I need a flatter dog.

http://reflectionsinraindrops.wordpress.com - My blog
http://www.bothwellscarecrowfestival.co.uk - Scarecrow Festival
http://bothwellcommunitygarden.wordpress.com - Community Garden

red

how ncie your daughter making pressies already... :lol:
glad it went well.
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

baldowrie

Oh a Christmas baby then...what a present!

Esther.R
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Christmas baby :cheers: Congratulations!

Growing Mama
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

That sounds great. My Jack was due on the 27th and manage to hold out until the 31st (06) which makes for a great party at New Years!!! Enjoy the time and plan a low key christmas!!!
Mum to two gorgeous kids
Lily (3) the Princess & Jack (17mths) the non walking climber!

CaundleMama
Tom Good
Tom Good

wishing you a healthy & happy pregnancy :flower:

circlecross

Hooray! It is good to share moments like that. And I think only people who have gone through that special kind of nerves and mixed emotions can truly appreciate the relief, excitement and fresh worries! Best of British to you.
"yum, yum, piggy's bum!"

http://www.myspace.com/circlecross_73

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

awww, I remember my dating scan with sophie. I cried. she was face-on and I could see her little arm and leg buds, head and belly yet she was sooooo tiny.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

getting there
Tom Good
Tom Good

I remember my first scan, DD was just 38 days gestation and was 7mm long, her yoke sac was the same size as her. I'd drunken 2 litres of water to ensure that they'd be able to find her, gosh I've never been so glad to pee or pee'd for so long :oops:
Just because I can't do everything I won't fail to do something.

MrsD'ville
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Thank you :) We've just taken all the children away for a few days to relatives in Devon which was lovely, but really exhausting. I keep underestimating how tired being pregnant makes me feel, but I take it as a really good sign. Today I'm faced with a houseful of laundry, all the stuff that died in the fridge while we were away and all the clearing up I couldn't be arsed with last night. Ach well, it's my day off - plenty of time so sit quietly and put my feet up at work tomorrow! :lol: