Chelsea Flower Show

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
marshlander
A selfsufficientish Regular

Chelsea Flower Show

Anyone watching the Chelsea Flower Show on TV or online?

Do you think the planting is lacking colour and a bit all the same?

Which is your favourite? I like the crofters garden and the one with the big concrete ball designed for alzheimers sufferers
Terri x
“I'd rather be a little weird than all boring.”
Rebecca McKinsey

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

I know I'm an old grumblebum, but I can't help feeling that it's about time the Chelsea Flower Show got back to what it's supposed to be about. I mean - Rachel de Thame agonising over an ugly stainless steel monstrosity - what's the world coming to, eh?

Millymollymandy

Oh it has! This year is wonderful because at long last the hideous structures and god awful concrete has gone - to be replaced by natural settings and .............. plants! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I rather like the greenness of it all - but do not for one moment believe that all the designers suddenly had a green inspired moment - they must have collaborated on that.

I haven't seen all the gardens because that's the thing that REALLY irritates me about the BBC's coverage - they never show you all the big show gardens and tend to just keep showing the same old ones over and over again.

Actually I think I rather liked Andy Sturgeon's garden, absolutely LOVED the Aussie one, and enjoyed both the Telegraph (big waterlilly pond) and the Laurent Perrier one (best in show - the very green garden with the cloud pruned hornbeam).

Was very sorry for the Jamaican ladies though who only got a silver. :cry:

But my biggest giggle is that Dermott Gavin only got a bronze. When will he wake up and realise that design moves on, and all his concrete/wood ghastly gardens were vile anyway? :lol:

ina

Read yesterday in the local press that the Shetland crofter's garden won a gold - woohooo! I think the trend is back to what I'd call a proper garden... Useful as well as nice to look at.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

marshlander

Millymollymandy wrote: But my biggest giggle is that Dermott Gavin only got a bronze. When will he wake up and realise that design moves on, and all his concrete/wood ghastly gardens were vile anyway? :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Terri x
“I'd rather be a little weird than all boring.”
Rebecca McKinsey