Cycle tours around Bristol

Cycling, trains, walking. This is the place to talk about how good or bad cycle routes are, mention great train journeys, talk about car sharing schemes or husky travel. Anything in fact that is about transport that is a little alternative.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cycle tours around Bristol

One of my good friends if off on a cycle tour around the North sea in a couple of weeks, in preparation I have joined him on some rides around Bristol.

I have been surprised of how much land we have covered. Neither of us are the sort of lycra clad, thin wheeled, super fit people that you normally see on country lanes in fact these days I have an ever increasing belly. Our last trip we managed to cover roughly 100 miles in two days. Including some rather steep hills.

So where did we go? Well day one we went from Bristol to Stanton Drew to see the standing stones then over the mendips and down to Wookie hole where we spent the night round my mates house. Day two we went up to priddy, then went racing down to Cheddar - that was my favorite bit I over took a 4 x 4! From cheddar we went to clevdon and sat on the "beach" for a bit before heading off along the costal path. Then we went home. Managed one fall (me) and two punctures (one each), so not bad.

It is really great to get a feel of the countryside that I live in amongst and to change my perspective of the area. Pretty blessed around this area for countryside within reach. I think next week we might head off around severn, up to Gloucester then through Wales (Wye Valley) crossing the Severn bridge at chepstow to come back. Should take a couple of days I hope.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

Sounds like great fun... BUT we need photos Andy :mrgreen: :flower:
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Cycle tours around Bristol

Sounds like a great couple of days Andy

I cycle a lot and it never ceases to amaze me how far I can travel in a day

mamos
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment

Millymollymandy

Andy Hamilton wrote: Neither of us are the sort of lycra clad, thin wheeled, super fit people that you normally see on country lanes in fact these days I have an ever increasing belly.
Ha ha, I didn't realise this was an old post! I was about to say - you can't possibly be unfit with a belly after your cycle ride to Aberdeen then saw the date of the posting!!!
:lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

:lol: Sorry, That was my fault

I have been going through some old threads

mamos
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

You would think, the belly still seems to be there :)
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

I cycled from John O Groats to Lands End in 9 days a couple of years ago and didn't loose any weight at all really.

My weight was down a little as soon as I got back but within a week it was back on so I think it was dehydration

Cycling is not the best way to loose weight

mamos