HAVING PROBLEMS LOGGING IN?

Thought it would be nice to let you lot know what is going on and any future plans etc.
AXJ
A selfsufficientish Regular

HAVING PROBLEMS LOGGING IN?

Hi there

I noticed on the chat room that someone call MMM (I guess Milly Molly Mandy) can't log in to the site. Some one needs to contact them and tell them to clear their cookies, as they are most likely clashing with the new cookies from the new server.

In essence, the new site will find the old cookie, and then reject it as it will appear to be from another server. This is to protect your privacy, so that other sites not related can't take or set information from or to the cookie. For webdevelopers this can be quite frustrating, and in this case frustrating for the user.

So. clear all the cookies in your browser that relate to http://www.selfsufficientish.com or alternatively just clear all you cookies. Then close your browser so that the cookies are cleared from the memory as well as the hard drive. You may like to clear your cache as well, just for good measure.

Come back to the site, and you should have not further problems.

I hope that helps (and works)

all the best

another

MrsD'ville mkII
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: HAVING PROBLEMS LOGGING IN?

Great advice, only I was so firmly locked out I wasn't permitted to read any posts! I've just registered with a slightly different username and different email address and at last I'm back in, ahhhh the relief!
Raising four from 1 to 17 in ruralmost Herefordshire: http://39again.wordpress.opensure.net/

red

mrs D - how was it failing you ? could you see the forum but not successfully log in or not se the forum at all?

a couple of times, whilst JH is working on it - I hav found myself locked out again, and had to delete cookies and cache
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

Jobi1canobi
Living the good life
Living the good life

I was having problems earlier as well.

I could see the site and read the posts but when logging in, it notified me that I'd logged in successfully but when I moved to another page or got automatically redirected - I was on a 'LogIn' page so couldn't post anything.

All seems okay now though - I completely came out of the site and then went back in again later for a retry and all seems fine.

Regards,
Jobi1

"A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist." - Franklin Jones.

MrsD'ville mkII
Living the good life
Living the good life

red wrote:mrs D - how was it failing you ? could you see the forum but not successfully log in or not se the forum at all?

a couple of times, whilst JH is working on it - I hav found myself locked out again, and had to delete cookies and cache
I was denied access to the forums completely, couldn't read or post. I emailed admin but I know how snowed under you can get running these sites, I'm not complaining, so in the end just created a new account. Deleting cookies and cache makes sense, I should have thought of it.
Raising four from 1 to 17 in ruralmost Herefordshire: http://39again.wordpress.opensure.net/

red

sounds like the same problem. hopefully - as less adjustments are being made, it will get sorted.
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

John Headstrong

red wrote:sounds like the same problem. hopefully - as less adjustments are being made, it will get sorted.
I have just made a few changes that should cure this problem. you will need to login again.