East Midlands meet up (please read even if not "local")

Do you know about an event that you want to talk about? Is there a campaign you have started, are involved in or want to start? Inspired by Marvin Gaye this is your place to tell the world what's going on.
Ratty
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: East Midlands meet up (please read even if not "local")

OK, first weekend in August it is then. But be warned that the house will be a bit of a disorganised chaos as I'm away every weekend leading up to August! I'm about ot make a courgette dish to freeze ready for it. Who do we have willing to join me, OH & little one in my back garden for food & ISH fun?! Saturday 2nd August 2008
:flower: Ratty

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/in_memory_of_joeb - Raising money for charity selling lots of things! Please take a look!

Jobi1canobi
Living the good life
Living the good life

Ah, shame. Never mind. We've got relatives visiting from Newcastle Upon Tyne that weekend.

Have a nice time everyone!
Jobi1

"A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist." - Franklin Jones.

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Possibly me, Super.Niki for virtual definite.

Can we reserve some tent space please?

Ranter
Living the good life
Living the good life

Sorry, I've been away from the forum for a while.

I may be free that weekend, just need to check with framily that nothing has already been arranged (I'm frequently the last to know). Will update over the weekend.

Cheers
Lisa

Ratty
Living the good life
Living the good life

We have tent space in teh back garden and crash space inside the house for anyone interested. Who is interested?! Calling all East Midlanders - and beyond! - for next Saturday here in Nottingham (NG8 4ES). For more details feel free to PM me.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/in_memory_of_joeb - Raising money for charity selling lots of things! Please take a look!

Ratty
Living the good life
Living the good life

Is anyone still interested?! I have food and would love to meet my fellow ISHers. Please let me know because I don't want to go to the trouble of preparing food and no-one turning up! :mrgreen:

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Aaargh. Sorry. We Cocked it up here...I thought it was next weekend, Nik thought it was last weekend and between us, we've both managed to over-book.

We WILL do a meetup at some point..really definitely.

Sorry Ratty

Ratty
Living the good life
Living the good life

Thats OK. I assumed no-one was turning up and had to go deal with things over in Sheffield this weekend. Would LOVE to arrange something but am now booked up for much of August. Lets keep talking about it though & make some better arrangements. Courgette milano still in the freezer :wink:

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm not about in September at all, but anytime after that should be fine. I dont know what weekends i'm working yet, but if we can arrange it in advance, then Nik and I can arrange a weekend off together. I work every other weekend. I'll have to work out when i will/won't be workig in October.

Ratty
Living the good life
Living the good life

It's looking like we'll be busy/away in September too now! So lets look at October. Its my birthday month too! :mrgreen:

Jobi1canobi
Living the good life
Living the good life

Ah, shame you didn't get to meet up - I was going to ask if you'd all had a nice time! Never mind.

October - the first weekend (5th & 6th), looks like I'll be making a return visit to Newcastle upon Tyne for Jybsons birthday.

Last weekend (25th/26th - it's my brothers birthday so would like to be around for that.

Up to now - the middle two weekends are free...
Jobi1

"A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist." - Franklin Jones.

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

OOps missed this until now.

I would like to come along, used to live in Nottingham so I have some mates that I could visit and kill two birds with one stone! October is good for me too every weekend but 4-5th and 18th and 19th. So thats not really every weekend at all.

ER ok lets see I think 25th-26th would be the best dates really. If ti was the 11-12th this will be the first weekend me and Emma have managed to spend with just each other since June! I might be in the dog house a little if I went swanning off to Nottingham.

Sorry Jobi1canobi that clashes a bit with your dates I know!
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Ratty
Living the good life
Living the good life

OK, I'm making an "executive decision" to say 25 October as that is the closest to my birthday too! And Andy can make it to sign books! :mrgreen: :andy:

Please spread the word! There will be crash space here (indoors - I won't make anyone camp in late October!) and foooood.

Jobi1canobi
Living the good life
Living the good life

Okay, okay! Assuming my brother isn't planning some gregarious rave on the Saturday night - we'll try our utmost to be there... :thumbright:
Jobi1

Jobi1canobi
Living the good life
Living the good life

Just thought I'd put this post to the top of the list again...

Still not sure what's happening with my brothers birthday do - but is this 'meet' still happening?

Cheers,
Jobi1
Jobi1