what about a selfsufficientish chat room?

Do you want more categories on this forum? Do you want to see some other things on the main site? Any suggestions you have, please let us know.
gunners71uk
A selfsufficientish Regular

what about a selfsufficientish chat room?

what are the chances of a chatroom facility i aint got a clue how this can be done,

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

G'DAy Gunners,

I have suggested this too, but there are evidently problems with the current system (bandwidth?) so that it won't work :( . Andy knows the ins and outs of it!

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

gunners71uk

what about setting one up on a seperate site with a link on this site is that poss. :pale:

glenniedragon

Chat

Could we perhaps agree a time and a timezone(!) and meet on MSN, I seem to remember MSN address being asked for on signup.......just a thought

Kind thoughts
Deb

Shirley

Andy could set on up on msn - well I suppose anyone could really but I think it would be better if Andy did it - it would still have a place for messages like this but that can be hidden and it could just be used as a chatroom. We use one for the green board, but I have a feeling that people with Mac computers can't get in...
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

ina

... and I can't get in because I am still using the works' computer :oops: ! Shouldn't even be using hotmail, I've just read in the guidelines. MUST GET MY OWN COMPUTER SET UP!!! Now how often have I said that before :?

Actually, there's a very good reason why I prefer to sit here rather than at home: The office, unlike the staff cottages, has a decent heating system. So it'll probably be summer before I get to use my own computer.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

gunners71uk

what is msn and how do i get on it

glenniedragon

MSN

MSN is a messenger service provided by microsoft. You can instant message (so you type a real-time conversation) and dependent on your connection and PC you can also video chat- we have used this to talk to relatives down under-far far cheaper than a phone call! You can decide who you want to chat to, and block anyone you feel deserves it! if you 'google' it you'll find the microsoft site where they will offer you the download. Its a bit egocentric and will pop up everytime you log on, but it tells you who is around at that time.

Kind thoughts
Deb

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yep if you want a chat room then for now msn messenger is the way forward http://messenger.msn.com/Xp/Default.aspx - There will be a chat facility added to the forum by the summer if all goes to plan. Our current bandwidth is 1gb and we hope to move to a 250gb server so all should be good.

Might as well let you in to some of the other developments that we are thinking of too. - selfsufficientish.org - a wiki site that everyone can contribute to working the same as wikidepedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page but for all things self sufficientish. - Some web TV of myself and Dave foraging so that people can identify wild foods, also other projects will go up, double digging and such. So to work as another refernce.

The forum will also be updated so that you can view the last 5 meassages posted and the last 5 you are on, probally at the bottom. on a panel. I will also change some of the appearance so that you can choose different colours on it.

The front page will also change as much of the main site is not looked at and I think this is because people get belwildered with all the ammount of stuff up there. So my plan is to have sub menu pages.

Well these are ideas and hopefully will all come about, dependant on how much spare time we get. If anyone has other suggestions then I will consider all of them. [/url]
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Shirley

Exciting thoughts...

Andy - you sound like you've been REALLY busy thinking about all this.. do you wake up in the middle of the night and think of the site?!
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shirlz2005 wrote:Exciting thoughts...

Andy - you sound like you've been REALLY busy thinking about all this.. do you wake up in the middle of the night and think of the site?!
There are times when I go to bed thinking of the site and wake up thinking of the site, drift off in the middle of conversations thinking of the site, walk to the shop thinking of the site.........

I have to work in bursts with it in order to keep at a healthy level. One of those bursts is happening at the moment :wink:
and...... Twitter

The Chili Monster

both yahoo and aol (netscape) do instant messangers ... sure there are others, although I've had problems with yahoo in the past.
"Rich, fatty foods are like destiny: they too, shape our ends." ~Author Unknown

Support Team "Trim Taut & Terrific"

Millymollymandy

I like the colour of this forum - green - it is nice and peaceful and very suitable for our theme! Some forums colour's are appalling - I've seen one which was white on a black background - my eyes can't cope with that sort of thing! :shock:

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Millymollymandy wrote:I like the colour of this forum - green - it is nice and peaceful and very suitable for our theme! Some forums colour's are appalling - I've seen one which was white on a black background - my eyes can't cope with that sort of thing! :shock:
It will be that the forum stays the same but you will have the option to change it. People that suffer with visual stress should benefit.
and...... Twitter