Google Chrome

Tomorrow's World was a show on BBC TV about innovations and tech stuff and I thought a good name for our computing and tech section.
mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

Google Chrome

holy cow poop it's fast. an alternative browser to fire fox that's still in beta test phase, I urge you to go take a look-see.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

The Riff-Raff Element

Re: Google Chrome

Totally illogical of course, but I am suspicious of Google. :pirate: First they want to know what we look for on the interweb, they end up effectively controlling how sites are ranked and found (they can ruin people just by failing to list them), then they map our streets, then they photgraph our houses (OK, perhaps not in France because they would risk arrest) and they want samples of our DNA for a database.

Now they launch a browser to control and monitor our access - only in the interests of making our online experience more fulfilling, mind. Too much power. :pale:

Of course I may be doing them a gross miservice and they are just motivated by the milk of human kindness and are not interested in ruling the world at all. :?

mrsflibble

I see what you're saying, I clicked the "do not report back to google" box when installing, but it's so much quicker than firefox.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very

The Riff-Raff Element

mrsflibble wrote:I see what you're saying, I clicked the "do not report back to google" box when installing, but it's so much quicker than firefox.
I confess that I don't find Firefox at all slow. That may be because I am slow!

I've just installed the 3.0 version, which I must say is rather good.

StripyPixieSocks

I have the same misgivings about Google, I avoid them completely if possible so I think I will be sticking with Firefox (and all my little add-ons I'm fond of) for the foreseeable future.

I don't even like the thing that tells you that it could be a dodgy site when you search on Yahoo and Google... I don't want outsiders policing my internet thanks!

mrsflibble

it's gone lol!
1. can't use iplayer or demand5 on it yet, sorry but can't live without mah stories.
2. can't use soundforge AND interweb browser at the same time, so no more ripping of sounds from various sources... legitimately usable ones of course ;)
3. your comments about them watching. I likes to keeps mah pr0n private thanksyou lol!!! (kidding. or am I?!)
4. turns out it's actually no quicker than firefox; the wire had come loose form the back of my router. yeah. I'm a dunce.