VOTE NOW - SEPT COMP Signed copy of how green are my wellies

Thought it would be nice to let you lot know what is going on and any future plans etc.

Whose photo did you like best?

Plotter
3%
Mrs D'ville II
11%
Malcom Cragg
3%
Big Al
23%
Penny Lane
No votes
Millymollymandy
3%
Flo
6%
Captain Caven man
9%
Mrs Fibble
11%
Hamster
No votes
Red
3%
Rod in Japan
14%
Lynda_2008
14%

Total votes: 35

agapanthus
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Re: Sept photo comp -Win Signed copy of how green are my wellies

MrsD'ville mkII wrote:As I couldn't take a photo of our own harvest I've copped out and taken a photo of someone else harvesting, taken from our bedroom window. I do love living here :flower:

Lovely picture Mrs D!!!!.....a lot ofthe fields around here are looking like that now.....beautiful! :flower:

Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular

Millymollymandy wrote:Bah humbug I can't show this picture right, I've reduced it by half, upload it as an attachment and it goes blurred or I upload it to the internet and copy it and it comes out as a small piccy..... :(

Anyway this is a selection of what is cluttering up my house at the moment :lol: and a lot of it was harvested yesterday! Click on the attachment to see it better.

Sept harvest.jpg
Try sending the picture to yourself in an email. It will give you the option of reducing the size of the photograph to be sent. Then when it arrives at your computer it issmall enough to post in the forums.

HTh

Alan
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Rod in Japan
Living the good life
Living the good life

On the same lines as agapanthus, I took this shot on the way to the machine that polishes our 20 kg bag of newly harvested rice.

Millymollymandy

Big Al wrote:Try sending the picture to yourself in an email. It will give you the option of reducing the size of the photograph to be sent. Then when it arrives at your computer it issmall enough to post in the forums.

HTh

Alan
Where am I given an option to change the size of an attachment? :scratch: I just click on the file I am attaching and that's it, no choice of actually doing anything with it. I use Outlook Express.

I don't have any problems with reducing the size in the photo programme I use, it is just that 3Mb photos blur when reduced vastly in size! I only need to reduce by half to upload to this board but it is no longer clear, and it doesn't show on the postings but you have to click to see it in another window.

And only 4 people have bothered to click to look at my photo properly instead of the silly little one. :( :( :( :( :(
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Flo

This red cabbage is as big as the grandson's head - taken lunchtime today!

Ah if only everything was as productive on lottie!

Big Al

Millymollymandy wrote:
Big Al wrote:Try sending the picture to yourself in an email. It will give you the option of reducing the size of the photograph to be sent. Then when it arrives at your computer it issmall enough to post in the forums.

HTh

Alan
Where am I given an option to change the size of an attachment? :scratch: I just click on the file I am attaching and that's it, no choice of actually doing anything with it. I use Outlook Express.

I don't have any problems with reducing the size in the photo programme I use, it is just that 3Mb photos blur when reduced vastly in size! I only need to reduce by half to upload to this board but it is no longer clear, and it doesn't show on the postings but you have to click to see it in another window.

And only 4 people have bothered to click to look at my photo properly instead of the silly little one. :( :( :( :( :(
highlight your photograph wherever it is on your computer by right clicking the mouse. I have mine in My pictures....( saves messing with my memory.... if I was a computer my ram would be 12mb) you also get a box of options so click on send to > then Mail Recipient > then a dialogue box appears ( or should) which says send all pictures via email. Then it tells you that you can resize your pictures to make them easier to send via email and you have two bozes to choose from. 1, make all my pictures smaller and 2, keep original size. Click on the make smaller >then push ok then it pops up as an attachment in an email box. You put your email addy in there and push send.

Hope that helps...

Alan
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Shirley

M3 - it might be easiest to use Flickr or photobucket - you'll need to set up an account, but it really does make posting on forums MUCH easier (I think)
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Millymollymandy

How can I be any clearer - I have no problem REDUCING the size of my photos on the software that I use!!!!!!!

However big photos 4Mb taken on a digital SLR camera can't be reduced without losing picture quality!!!!!!

What I don't understand, and have asked this before, to no avail, is how some people post photos as attachments direct from their PCs and the photo SHOWS on the screen as an attachment, but mine don't, and have to be clicked on to come up in a new window. :scratch:

Millymollymandy

[quote="Big Al
highlight your photograph wherever it is on your computer by right clicking the mouse. I have mine in My pictures....( saves messing with my memory.... if I was a computer my ram would be 12mb) you also get a box of options so click on send to > then Mail Recipient > then a dialogue box appears ( or should) which says send all pictures via email. Then it tells you that you can resize your pictures to make them easier to send via email and you have two bozes to choose from. 1, make all my pictures smaller and 2, keep original size. Click on the make smaller >then push ok then it pops up as an attachment in an email box. You put your email addy in there and push send.

Hope that helps...
I understand what you mean now!

How on earth did you manage to do a quote within a quote as the software of this forum doesn't allow that!!!!! Only one quote can be used - or has John changed it overnight! :scratch: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Big Al

Millymollymandy wrote:How can I be any clearer - I have no problem REDUCING the size of my photos on the software that I use!!!!!!!

However big photos 4Mb taken on a digital SLR camera can't be reduced without losing picture quality!!!!!!

What I don't understand, and have asked this before, to no avail, is how some people post photos as attachments direct from their PCs and the photo SHOWS on the screen as an attachment, but mine don't, and have to be clicked on to come up in a new window. :scratch:
I've tried to upload two photo's of up to 3.6 mb and both failed so the size must be less than this hence emailing it to yourself then save that to your computer then uploading that as an atachment from said computer.

Edited for clarity. Alan
Last edited by Big Al on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Secret Asparagus binger

hedgewitch

Millymollymandy wrote:What I don't understand, and have asked this before, to no avail, is how some people post photos as attachments direct from their PCs and the photo SHOWS on the screen as an attachment, but mine don't, and have to be clicked on to come up in a new window. :scratch:
I suspect there is a file limit size that Mr Headstrong has implemented.

But just to back up what Shirley said - it really is soooo much easier to open a photobucket account for using photo's on the forum. You'll wonder how you ever managed without it before.
My Blog
My Website

Plant Seeds and sing songs.

Millymollymandy

Oh dear. :roll: I reduce the size of my photos before uploading them because yes there is a file size limit. I don't need any other program to reduce photos because I do it on an image program.

However as I said before, some people's photos show up in the attachment and some people's like mine don't show in the attachment, and need to be clicked on, and I wondered why that is - and it seems to have nothing to do with the SIZE of the photo.

Also, try reducing a large 3 or 4Mb photo and it comes out blurred. I've discussed this with techie people and they all agree - either you take a not very clear photo and it will show up clear(er) on a forum but rubbish on your own pc, or vice versa, and everyone agrees what's on our own computers is what matters!

I don't need photo bucket or any of these things that open up C asino rubbish on my computer screen. I have my photos all filed and ordered on my pc and can upload direct to most forums that I use, and for the others I put photos on an online gallery.

Rod in Japan
Living the good life
Living the good life

Perhaps we need a separate thread about this, or even better, a FAQ somewhere.

MrsD'ville mkII
Living the good life
Living the good life

Risking putting my head over the parapet...could it be to do with the chosen method of displaying photos in the message? I happen to use Flickr which gives me a URL for my photo and I just post that within the 'Img' tags that come up when you click the Img button above and so display the photo in the body of the message. If you choose 'URL' instead presumably that would then give you a link to click to bring up the photo in a separate window. I know this is very 1+1=2 but I thought it was worth mentioning in case it helps to solve the problem.
Raising four from 1 to 17 in ruralmost Herefordshire: http://39again.wordpress.opensure.net/

Big Al

MrsD'ville mkII wrote:Risking putting my head over the parapet...could it be to do with the chosen method of displaying photos in the message? I happen to use Flickr which gives me a URL for my photo and I just post that within the 'Img' tags that come up when you click the Img button above and so display the photo in the body of the message. If you choose 'URL' instead presumably that would then give you a link to click to bring up the photo in a separate window. I know this is very 1+1=2 but I thought it was worth mentioning in case it helps to solve the problem.
Likewise putting my head up to be shot at again i'll venture this. I've just tried to upload a photo of 2.25 Mb and it wouldn't go so I reduced it down to 25kB and clicked onto the browse button below. ( For clarity when you push reply this appears) I then clicked on the reduced size photo that was saved on my computer and the url appeared in the box I clicked add file and voila the picture has appeared as an attachment and is the same as the original.
Last edited by Big Al on Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Secret Asparagus binger