My old Bag !!!

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular

My old Bag !!!

Well not really old, I made this one earlier in good old blue peter fashion.
Found some old canvas I had in the wardrobe and hey presto 2 hours and a lot of cursing the machine ( only had poor quality cotton) I made this ( abley demonstrated by Mrs Big Al.)
Attachments
DSC_0001.1.JPG
DSC_0001.1.JPG (26.95 KiB) Viewed 4792 times
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Shirley

Re: My old Bag !!!

Hey... well done YOU. That looks really good and strong.

Hello to Mrs Big Al too :flower:
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

eccentric_emma

ooh thats good! well done!
Off grid retreats, rustic cottages, yoga holidays and more in the midst of nature in Central Portugal

http://www.pureportugalholidays.com

red

nice one :flower:
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

invisiblepiper

Great - could they be personalised for pressies?
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less travelled by
And that has made all the difference.
(Robert Frost)

Big Al

invisiblepiper wrote:Great - could they be personalised for pressies?
Well We reckon if you do a design on the computer then print it on some of the heat transfer paper you should be able to hot press it with an iron onto the canvas.
From memory I think I paid something like £1.29 for the canvas way back in the midst of time when I was going to make something, whjat i can't remember. There is enough canvas to make at least 3 20" x 18 " bags and enough left over for maybe a shoe polish kit bag for thoe who take real polish away with them and spend hours buling up their shoe whilst on holiday......... not that i'd upset my wife like that.....
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Rosendula

If my OH came on and started a thread called 'My Old Bag' and posted a picture of me under the heading he'd get a clip around the lug 'oles. :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you've done really well. Keep up the good work. :thumbleft:
Rosey xx

growingthings
Living the good life
Living the good life

Fantastic bag, Well Done you. :cheers:

When I make bags I end up stitching the bottom corners (leaving a triangular flap in the inside of the bag) to create a box shape rather than a flat envelope as this means that you can pack things into it, and get it to hold its shape a little easier. It works for me so I just thought I'd share it with you.

Lorna

Big Al

Rosendula wrote:If my OH came on and started a thread called 'My Old Bag' and posted a picture of me under the heading he'd get a clip around the lug 'oles. :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you've done really well. Keep up the good work. :thumbleft:
The thing is that after 21 years of marraige she knows that despair isn't even worth it now..... besides she likes to eat and can't cook,lol.

Also she knew what I was doing because like all cute little monkeys they sound out an idea and gauge the response before doing the thing.
Secret Asparagus binger

Big Al

My old bag has now evolved into a pair of curtains... well the idea was to make another bag today but the wife inb her wisdom said " cwhy not have a go at making some curtains for the landing window"? Well you know me can't resist a challenge. took less than an hour to do as well!!
Secret Asparagus binger

StripyPixieSocks

Looks great... I'm ashamed to say that my OH can use the sewing machine better than I can!!

He made me my Medieval Costume while I hand sewed the button holes on his hose and purpoint... there was no way I could have gotten the dress looking anything like as beautiful as he got it!